Oliver James Associates Switzerland are currently supporting a Global Financial Services group in Zurich in their search for an experienced Capital Markets Law Attorney.
My client is an exceptional Financial Services business operating across the globe with key offices in all global hubs. They run their Swiss legal function from Zurich and are seeking a Manager to join their Financial Technology Legal team.
- You are independently responsible for a wide range of mandates in trading (securities, derivatives, commodities, FX, crypto currencies, etc.), as well as capital markets and financial market infrastructures
- You are responsible for the legal support of Financial Market Law
- You are responsible for M & A transactions in the trading and capital markets sector, drafting legal documents and writing memoranda on various financial market law topics in Swiss and foreign law
- Comfortable in a high-pressure environment a dynamic, changing environment
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines and directives, and conducting compliance training
- You help to expand the team and take on a role model function towards younger team members
Required Key Skills:
- Completed law degree (lic. Iur.) And additional training as a lawyer
- You have several years of solid experience in the trading, banking or capital markets field that you have acquired in the law firm, at a bank or at a commodities trader
- You are ambitious, able to work under pressure, enthusiastic about performance and enjoy legal and regulatory issues in financial market law
- You are a team player, persistent, innovative and enjoy professional challenges
- Passion towards Financial Technology, Blockchain and Disruptive Technologies
- You are business- and service-oriented, have a safe and good demeanor and easily make new contacts and relationships
- Experience presenting to committees, fielding questions and defending your decisions with credibility
- Fluency English and German with additional languages such as Italian and French an advantage
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and contact details directly to Nicky.Walsh@ojassociates.com. Alternatively, if this sounds like an interesting opportunity for somebody within your network, please get in touch to refer them.