I am working on an exclusive opportunity to work within a specialist IT department of an Insurance business based in London.
I am looking for an EUC Specialist to provide technical support of the Windows Server and Storage teams within your client's infrastructure. The role will deliver Production support and project delivery within the IT Operations group ensuring that Production Stability and ongoing maintenance of the core systems.
The initial contract is 6 months with the potential to extend, the rates are flexible depending on experience. The client are looking for a candidate to join urgently.
Main duties for this role are:
- Willing to learn and support technologies/solution outside of your core area of responsibility to support day to day BAU for the Server and Storage area.
- Focus on BAU.
- Maintain high system availability - ensuring Problem, Change, and Incident Management disciplines are strictly adhered to and working with service delivery where appropriate.
- Provide On call support in a rotation with the rest of the team and willing to work on weekend, evening during critical go lives, patching cycles and upgrades.
- Ensure that operational standards and documentation is in place and adhered to for all key components and processes within the IT Infrastructure.
Key skills for this role are:
- Have strong technical expertise in deploying supported technologies with a focus on EUC Technology like Appsense, SCCM, AppV with very strong skills in Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft System Center suites (mainly SCOM and Orchestrator) and VMware ESXi 5.1 through to 6 from a day to day support prospective.
Desirable experience for this role
2+ years in Financial or Insurance environment.
5+ working within the infrastructure operation area focusing on End User Computing/3rd line support function.
If you are interested in this role, please contact me with an up-to-date CV.