Leading Insurance Business; Integrated Risk Role Covering Operational & Financial Risk; Excellent Career Development & Work Life Balance
This leading insurance business is looking to hire an experienced Enterprise Risk Manager to handle operational risk and financial risk, and even gain exposure to technology risk. This is a newly created role to ensure that the Risk function can value-add to the business. You will enjoy superb exposure and career development while also enjoying a good work life balance.
Reporting to the CRO, you will be responsible for monitoring operational risks and financial risks; liaise with senior management to develop and implement a risk framework; prepare risk reports for the risk committee; coordinate with senior stakeholders with regards to risk and control matters and coordinate with actuarial team to conduct stress tests and sensitivity analysis. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in technology risk matters, to develop your skills and understanding to enable you to become a well-rounded senior leader in risk.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, actuarial science, economics or similar) or a qualification such as FRM, CFA or Masters in Financial Engineering is preferred (an Actuarial qualification is not required)
- At least 6 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably with some experience in risk or investments. A background in insurance would be ideal
- Desire to broaden your skill set across risk and become a well rounded risk professional
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and a proven ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve and identify risk from a strategic stand point