We are looking for a Team Head to manage 20 people who will help implement a new and consolidated enterprise data warehouse to supply standardised data from multiple risk management applications, which is one of the major initiatives for the Bank to comply with the Basel 239 regulatory requirements on Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting.
This project is in early stages, you will help plan the entire set up of the data warehouse and beyond.
Day to Day
In this role you will help the bank comply with the new HKMA Basel 239 regulations for data management and data governance. You will help the bank set up the entire process for an enterprise wide data warehouse with an emphasis on risk management data.
This is a 2 or 3 year project. They're looking for people with 8+ years of data warehouse architecture experience and credit/interest rates/market risk knowledge as well as some data experience.
You will be looking after a team of 20 (who are already in place and are a mix of internal staff and external vendors). English and Cantonese are required and Mandarin is helpful as there will be a lot of engagement with local vendors.
- Collaborate with vendors and IT teams to establish the new systems
- Defining and refining the logical (and ultimately physical) structure of the relational tables of the data warehouse, taking into account the limitations of the source systems, the challenges in joining data from multiple sources, and the possibility of changes in both business needs and source system structures over time
- Understanding users requirements and how they translate in application features
- Perform / support various testing throughout the development cycle
- Support performance testing and tuning
- Ensure deadline is met
- Cantonese and English are essential for this role
- Strong Data and Risk Knowledge
- Experience leading a team
- University graduate in Computer Science or related disciplines
- In-depth knowledge in System Development Life Cycle
- Competence in managing Data Warehousing and Data Management projects
- Experience in banking business and operation
- Exposure in Risk Management
- Knowledge in SQL/PLSQL, Unix scripts and Oracle DB (understanding is key, not hands-on ability)
This role is extendable or convertible to perm.
Please apply with an updated CV.