Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect
We are looking for a Team Head to manage 20 people who will help implement a new and consolidated enterprise data warehouse to supply standardised data from multiple risk management applications, which is one of the major initiatives for the Bank to comply with the Basel 239 regulatory requirements on Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting.
This project is in early stages, you will help plan the entire set up of the data warehouse and beyond.
Day to Day
In this role you will help the bank comply with the new HKMA Basel 239 regulations for data management and data governance. You will help the bank set up the entire process for an enterprise wide data warehouse with an emphasis on risk management data.
This is a 2 or 3 year project just to implement. They're looking for people with 8+ years of data warehouse architecture experience, if you have risk management knowledge it is beneficial but not necessary.
You will be looking after a team of 20 (who are already in place and are a mix of internal staff and external vendors). English is the only required language but Cantonese and Mandarin is preferred as there will be a lot of engagement with local vendors.
- Collaborate with vendors and IT teams to establish the new systems
- Defining and refining the logical (and ultimately physical) structure of the relational tables of the data warehouse, taking into account the limitations of the source systems, the challenges in joining data from multiple sources, and the possibility of changes in both business needs and source system structures over time
- Understanding users requirements and how they translate in application features
- Perform / support various testing throughout the development cycle
- Support performance testing and tuning
- Ensure deadline is met
- Cantonese and English are essential for this role
- University graduate in Computer Science or related disciplines
- In-depth knowledge in System Development Life Cycle
- Competence in managing Data Warehousing and Data Management projects
- Experience in banking business and operation
- Exposure in Risk Management will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in SQL/PLSQL, Unix scripts and Oracle DB (understanding is key, not hands-on ability)
This role is extendable or convertible to perm.
Please apply with an updated CV.
Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 22 days ago
Background We are looking for a Team Head to manage 20 people who will help implement a new and consolidated enterprise data warehouse to supply standardised data from multiple risk management applications, which is one of the major initiatives for the Bank to comply with the Basel 239 ... Read More
Enterprise Architect | Central Birmingham | £Negotiable DoE
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- 1 day ago
Enterprise Architect | We are currently recruiting for a talented and experienced Enterprise Architect on behalf of a well-established Insurance business based in Central Birmingham. This Enterprise Architect role will see the successful candidate operate at a high, strategic level in d... Read More
- Milano e provincia, Italia
- 12 days ago
Per un nostro cliente player del mondo assicuraitvo, siamo alla ricerca di un profilo di IT Architect, da inserire nella struttura Architetture e Innovazione. Il Junior Architect si occuperà di seguire: - Progetti seguiti da altre aree IT. Contribuirà alla definizione della loro soluzio... Read More
- Zuid-Holland, Nederland
- 6 days ago
Data Engineer Are you looking for a unique opportunity in Data Engineering? Are you interested in machine learning and to work towards a state-of-the-art data and information infrastructure? Would you like to work for a prominent financial institution? Apply via the link or, if in need ... Read More