End to End Test Manager, Manchester, Financial Services
To engage projects in E2E testing, provide a single point of contact for all functional and non-functional testing on projects, provide testing governance for all functional and non-functional test phases throughout the lifecycle of a project, provide guidance to Managers to ensure testing is managed and documented, and provide the Project community with a clear and agreed overall project test strategy.
To engage with projects early within the project life cycle to understand and document High Level Test Approach and Master Test plan.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through complex and often challenging circumstances
- Deliver excellent service to customers to ensure their satisfaction from the Testing services teams.
- Ensure Risks raised during testing are documented, communicated and understood by stakeholders.
- Manage UAT coordinators , defect manager and testing resources within business change.
- Provide sign off and recommendations for new implementations to the Business Sponsor and ensure it is established as part of the Go/No Go process.
- Ensure that Risk Based testing techniques are applied where necessary
- Ensure the Test approach on a project is agreed and adhered to.
- Ensure all testing deliverables are of a high quality by ensuring that team members adhere to the quality review cycles as detailed within the overall Test Strategy
- Ensure all test reporting and updates are accurate..
- Ensure all risks and issues are documented, managed and appropriate action taken.
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative solutions
- Communication :expert at communication at all levels with the ability to effectively impact and influence decision makers.
- Ability to Influence the timescales on large and complex projects to ensure that the appropriate level of time devoted to testing to manage the quality of the delivered system
- Endeavour to keep UAT spend on the project to budget as per the estimates provided.
- Flexible, responding well to Business needs and those of the Project team
- Structured approach to test planning and execution
- Management of business resources during execution phases
- Management of UAT Coordinators
- Contribution towards competency development of employees at all levels
- Minimum 10 years of Test Management Experience
- Experience of managing test managers, test analysts , defect managers and coordinators
- Creation of test scripts, and experience of carrying out test execution.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Business stakeholder engagement
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
- Experience in training and mentoring.
- Delivered E2E Test Management across a complex portfolio of change
- Coaching and mentoring team members
Education up to graduate level
ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level Certificate