The role will be to support the Head of Data Management and Operations in establishing and leading a global virtual team responsible for data governance and operational quality standards. This will involve setting up and leading the data management user forum.
- Organisation wide Data Management ownership. Including all Data management disciplines, with expected focus on:
- Data governance
- Data Architecture
- Data development
- Data quality management
- Reference and master data management
- Meta data management
- Data dictionary
- The role will have oversight on an organisation wide basis and specific responsibility for operations data. Depending on the maturity of each of these disciplines, the responsibilities may include definition, design, implementation and maintenance.
Operational quality management and continuous improvement. Including, but not limited to:
- Standardisation of mapping processes
- Data quality and consistent usage across business function and geography
- Development, production, interpretation and presentation of appropriate MI to support the operational quality
- Investigation and reporting of quality standard breeches
- Monitoring and overseeing quality remediation activities
The responsibilities will principally focus on the operational functions initially. The role will ensure global standardisation is maintained and by exception allow for regional variances.
Work closely with the Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with regulatory and best practice standard in data governance and privacy.
Given the nature of this role it will be necessary to work in partnership with Business Architecture & Change, IT, Operations, Actuarial, Finance and Legal/Compliance teams to develop, implement and execute upon the responsibilities within this role. The role will require self-starter with a good eye for detail, and a practical and collaborative mind-set.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a data management role with significant emphasis on standardisation and improvement
Detailed understanding of data management best practices, standards and tools
- Experience in designing and implementing a data management framework within a global organisation
- Experience in the re-insurance, or insurance industry beneficial
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify, assimilate, analyse and draw meaningful conclusions from disparate data
- Outward looking self-starter, with strong collaboration and influencing skills