This position will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for the Long-Term Care products within the Company. S/he will also develop and run complex actuarial models and provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for the Life LTC Rider, and Annuity LTC Riders. Additionally, s/he will also manage complex studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provide assumptions and data to others.
- Analyzes and synthesizes information from multiple sources in varying degrees of completeness and clarity to develop and present actuarial recommendations to different levels of management and other stakeholders.
- Leads actuarial projects and proactively identifies challenges and resolutions.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- Provides subject matter expertise on actuarial models and assumption development and suggests new ways of managing risk for the LTC products within the Company.
- Monitors market and industry trends for competitive positioning and emerging opportunities
- Distribution support - marketing and wholesalers
- Collaboration with other teams - core life, annuities, claims, underwriting and new business, legal, compliance