Development Database Administrator
As the Development Database Administrator (DBA), you will be responsible for the configuration of a new Data Warehouse that is will be installed over the coming 12-18 months where you will also be involved in the reporting aspects of business-critical Business Intelligence using; SSIS, SSRS and SSAS, where necessary.
Reason for the role
- A DWH Development DBA is required to join the DWH Development Project to carry out all SQL Server DWH Development DBA tasks for the project.
- This role has been setup as a contract role because we do not have the internal resources however we currently do not need to have someone with this level of expertise beyond the end of the project.
Job description attached
The DWH Development DBA is expected to bring solid SQL Server 2016/2017 Dimensional DWH experience to the project to advise and lead the team in all database related activities. In particular the DWH Development DBA is expected to:
- Create all the Physical Dimensional Models based on the Logical Models created by the DWH Business Analyst;
- Setup the scripts to generate the tables, views and other database objects;
- It is expected that the we will be able to build the DWH from scripts and all releases will be delivered as a suite of scripts which have been tried and tested;
- Work with the team to size the databases and provide routines to monitor the sizes of the different components;
- Provide guidance on performance optimisation; partitioning; recovery as well as digging into performance issues as we optimise the code;
- Set-up and refresh all the Development and Test environments (using scripts to release the changes);
- Work with the rest of the team to make sure that we have a DWH which delivers the information required to meet the business needs; allows us to optimally capture all metadata and other Information Management objects; and is fully recoverable in as short a time as possible;
- All jobs should be check-pointed/ restartable and log progress to an audit trail
- All jobs should send progress messages to the support desk and key contacts
- It is expected that the DBA will be able to help with the development of batch code and to a lesser extent report and cube development when they are not fully involved in setting up and administering the databases
The Development DBA will be an integral role within the Data Warehouse Team and report on a day-to-day basis to the Project Manager. The Development DBA will be expected to work with internal database staff and share their expertise so when they leave, the internal team will be able to pick up and extend and augment the data warehouse.
The DWH Development DBA is expected to have "Expert" skills required to deliver a Dimensional Data Warehouse using MS SQL Server 2016/2017 using SSDT and SSMS/ Visual Studio if required and have strong scripting skills.
The DBA is expected to have "Strong" skills in the following areas of MS SQL Server 2016/2017:
They need to be a team player and be happy to help out in other areas of the Data Warehouse.
Change Manager/ Financial Development Manager
- Bristol, England
- £400 - £470 per day
- 6 days ago
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a market-leading Financial services client based in Bristol for a change manager on a contract that will focus specifically on aiding the acquisition and implementation of a rival organisations book of business. It is an initial 3 month contract wi... Read More
Head of Strategic Learning - Distribution Channels Development
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 27 days ago
We are currently helping one of our largest clients, a large insurance business in Asia to recruit a key employee for their distribution business. We are looking for a senior professional who will create their learning program from scratch and upscale the learning framework across all t... Read More
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- 5 days ago
As the Data Analyst you will join the newly formed and continually growing Data function at one of the worlds leaders of the Financial Services recruitment market. You will have the ability to utilise cutting-edge technology in order to build detailed reports coming from your own data c... Read More
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- about 10 hours ago
Role Purpose Logical, analytical and careful full stack Software Engineer required to develop tailored solutions that support and deliver the development roadmap across multiple platforms. Provide Technical Leadership on projects, help guide the team to deliver changes to meet the needs... Read More