Developers are expected to be expert in at least one of these areas:
- Database development
- Integration - near real time and non-real time, internal and external
- User interface development / User experience
- Back end development
- Business intelligence and analytics
Other areas of interest include:
- Test Driven Development, Agile (Scrum, SAFE, disciplined agile), Secure development practices, Data science, End user self service, DevOps, Cloud
Primay toolsets include:
Other toolsets of interest include:
- PHP, VB6, UniVerse, SSIS, Informatica, QlikView, Tableau, VBA, Access, Cognos, Azure
Requires only high level direction. Self directed in solving complex issues. Work reviewed at key milestones. Capable of prioritising issues and escalating appropriately. Influences within and outside the team. Supervises activities of more junior staff. Performs complex non routine tasks. Has an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Has effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Manages own work competently. Appreciates the wider business context. Expected to continuously develop their skill sets including learning new tools as the business requirements and the technology market changes.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs simple programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Develops against architecture set by senior and lead developers.
- Assists with the design of larger systems.
- Creates and amends programs in accordance with the design.
- Plans, designs and conducts tests of programs; corrects errors and re-tests to achieve an error-free result.
- Documents all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Takes part in reviews of supplied specifications.
- Takes part in reviews of own work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Good general standard of education equivalent to degree level
- Will be expected to pass a technical test
- Recognised industry programming certifications
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Acquisition
- Goal Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Application Development Tools
- Programming Languages
- Awareness of Corporate, Industry and Awareness of Professional Standards
- Awareness of Operational/Service Architecture
- Awareness of Software Testing
- Awareness of Development Methods
- Awareness of Database Software
- Awareness of Prototyping
- Time Management Techniques
- North East England, England
- about 1 hour ago
Software Developer/Java/C#/ Software Engineer/Java Developer/C# Developer Software Developer 3 Months initial, North of England £400 - £430 per day The role of the Software Developer will be to provide application development solutions to satisfy business needs and requirements. The Sof... Read More
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 1 day ago
Role Intro This is a new headcount to help this APAC life insurance company build out their eCommerce platform. This role falls under the eBusiness and eCommerce team. No prior insurance experience is needed. The Job Responsible for Java-based backend services - including quotation, pay... Read More
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 10 days ago
Requirements: Engineering or computer science degree or equivalent 5+ years of hands on software development experience Solid C++ Experience on Unix Understanding of transactional SQL databases (Oracle desirable) Responsibilities: Strong enthusiasm for technology Familiarity with all ph... Read More
- Zeist , Utrecht
- 16 days ago
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in het het werken in een state-of-art Microsoft omgeving? Vind je het interessant om met BIML te werken en generatoren te maken? Zoek je naar een organisatie met een zeer hoog MSBI kennisniveau? Zoek dan niet verder! De functie: Als Medior/Senior MSBI Developer be... Read More