I am recruiting for a prominent international insurer, looking to expand their development team. There are several openings within the team that will report directly to the international head of delivery.
My client is a global specialist insurer with a complex global IT footprint. It has ambitions to rationalize and streamline this landscape while providing innovative solutions to a diverse user base.
My client expects suitable developers are expected to be expert in at least one of these areas:
- Database development
- Integration - near real time and non-real time, internal and external
- User interface development / User experience
- Back end development
- Business intelligence and analytics
Other areas of interest include:
- Test Driven Development, Agile (Scrum, SAFE, disciplined agile), Secure development practices, Data science, End user self service, DevOps, Cloud
Primary toolsets include:
Other toolsets of interest include:
- PHP, VB6, UniVerse, SSIS, Informatica, QlikView, Tableau, VBA, Access, Cognos, Azure
The core functions that will be expected of you are as follows:
- To be able to design simple programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- To develop against architecture set by senior and lead developers.
- Assisting with the design of larger systems.
- Create and amend programs in accordance with the design.
- Plan, design and conduct tests of programs; correct errors and re-test to achieve an error-free result.
- Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Take part in reviews of supplied specifications.
- Critical reviewing of own work.
If you believe yourself to be a suitable match to the above requirements, please don't hesitate to apply directly.