Deputy Data Protection Officer - International Travel/Leisure
West London - Salary up to £90,000 with 15% bonus and great benefits
My client, an International Travel and Leisure company based just outside London are looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer to join the business. Reporting to the Global Legal Director, the DPO will be responsible for ensuring continuing compliance and shaping the Privacy strategy for the group going forward.
The role will give the candidate the opportunity to work across a variety of areas in the business and gain exposure to International Privacy matters, the responsibilities could include:
- Maintaining and reviewing policies
- Advising the business on new product development and marketing strategies.
- Reviewing supplier contracts and third-party agreements.
- Contract negotiations.
- Assisting with the Privacy Impact assessment process.
- Providing training and awareness to Senior Management across the group.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- The business expects the candidate will have circa 5 years of experience within Data Protection and Privacy management and the proven ability to build and manage a strategy going forward.
- The ideal candidate would be from a legal background but the business is open to accepting candidates from a variety of backgrounds provided they have the ability to carry out the role.
- You will have expert knowledge of Privacy laws, and the task required of a DPO under Article 39 of GDPR.
- The ability and gravitas to promote a culture of Data Protection in the organisation.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Data Protection professional to play a large part in shaping a forward thinking and innovative Privacy department and the strategy in a global business.
This role is an urgent role that will not be on the market for long, please send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.