This international company has 1800 employees in the Netherlands over 28 locations. They are market leader in one of the biggest markets of this moment. The company has an informal culture, knows a flexible environment and has a very innovative way of working. They are currently looking for a Data Steward who will be responsible for delivering their vision for data quality and associated data governance supported by a (Core) Data & Analytics team. You will provide expert advice to internal business stakeholders, spending your time between the business and the Data Analytics team, spread the data-driven culture - particularly with respect to data quality and data governance, in line with the overall Companies data strategy.
Set up a Data Governance framework and execute data management activities
* Manage and coordinate the development and collection of business rules related to a Data Governance framework (this needs to be set up!).
* Improve data quality dimensions to solve real, everyday problems.
* Assess and improve data entry standards and common issues associated with data entry.
* Identify data quality issues, root causes, and apply fixes.
* Craft actionable Data Quality remediation reports.
* Own the development/maintenance of all products and documentation related to Data Management (glossaries, data catalogs, data lineage programs etc.).
Execute and coordinate the data governance and data quality roadmap delivery:
* Support the Data Analytics team to effect cultural and technological change.
* Lead the implementation of data quality and data governance efforts.
Data governance and data quality transformation
* Act as a subject matter expert for data quality.
* Ensure the handling of data complies with internal business policies/standards and privacy laws.
* Lead the data-driven journey from a data quality and associated data governance perspective.
* Deliver specific, ad-hoc, and on the job data quality training of data peers and business stakeholders.
Technical skills and affinity with cloud-based data platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and data warehouse technologies like MySQL, Oracle etc.. are required. Affinity with SQL and Python, or a strong desire to learn it, is a strong plus. Previous experience of data quality management systems and processes. Experience with Business Intelligence or project management.
- A competitive salary and bonus.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a thrilling data journey that the company is embarking on.
- Opportunities for personal training and development.
- Based in Amsterdam, right next to the RAI station.
- Passionate and motivated colleagues: you will not want to go home!
- Plenty of room for own initiatives.
- Work for a Market leader in the Netherlands.
Are you interested in an interview for the role or need more information? Contact me!
Isn't this the role for you, but do you know someone who would be interested in the role? Let me know!
020 808 17 60