Data Scientist | Global Hedge Fund
A leading hedge fund based in New York is looking for a talented data scientist to join a growing team. The team are focused on utilising alternative data using sophisticated machine learning methods to create meaningful insights for the Portfolio Management team. This role has a significant amount of freedom to define your research agenda and offers great career growth potential.
The hedge fund is a leading global name covering multiple asset classes. The firm are committed to using the most innovative forms of data to gain a competitive edge on the rest of the market. With a well rounded approach to conducting investment research, they are able to provide their traders with rigorous analyses and robust alpha signals based on both fundamental and cutting edge technological analysis.
The Data Scientist will work in close conjunction with the investment team to produce idea generating research, leveraging unparalleled access to alternative data and the high-performance technology infrastructure that they have at their disposal.
The firm cover multiple asset classes across a broad range of geographies, but have a strong focus on Macro, Fixed Income and Equity Investment strategies.
- Uncovering new and novel data sources
- Hypothesis testing of research
- Using machine learning, statistical and deep learning methods to create predicitve analytics on market movements
- Writing accurate and reliable code
- Keeping up-to-date with new academic research
- PhD (ideally) in a highly technical discipline, or MSc with added relevant professional experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience in solving challenging data-related problems - this can be from a financial services standpoint or in a technology company.
- Extensive programming skills with the professional use of Python Packages and database usage (SQL/NoSQL)
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructures
- High degree of expertise in NLP
- Demonstrable experience in using alternative data to create robust investment strategies
Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer | Hedge Fund
- City of London, London
- £75000 - £175000 per annum + performance related bonus
- about 13 hours ago
Firm We are working closely with a leading Hedge Fund to build out a dedicated data science function to support their Portfolio Management team. The firm are committed to using innovative datasets to achieve an informational edge on the competition, using cutting edge techniques to extr... Read More
Quantitative Research Analyst | Global Fixed Income
- City of London, London
- £90000 - £250000 per annum
- 14 days ago
This Quantitative Research role plays an important part in the overall strategy of the team and has a well rounded suite of responsibilities. The role holder will play an important part on the creation of systematic fixed income investment strategies and the efficient construction of po... Read More
Manager Statisticien - Data Analyst
- Paris, Île-de-France
- €45000 - €65000 per annum + Bonus + Participation
- 19 days ago
Oliver James Associates vous offre aujourd'hui l'opportunité exclusive d'intégrer une grande compagnie d'assurance au sein de la Direction des sinistres de sa branche non-vie. Nous recherchons des profils spécialisés du côté non-vie de type data scientist ou actuaire ou statisticien, do... Read More
Data Analytics - Financial Crime, London
- London, England
- £50000 - £75000 per annum + Car, pension, PMI, bonus.
- 3 days ago
Oliver James Associates have been instructed by the London-based tier one client to assist in the recruitment of financial crime data analytics professionals. Basic salaries range from £50,000 - £80,000 excluding highly competitive packages including strong annual bonus and pension sche... Read More