Data Science Project Manager/Business Analyst
Senior Associate- Project Manager/Business Analyst, Data Science
The Center for Data Science and Analytics is the innovative corporate Analytics group. We are a rapidly growing entrepreneurial department which aims to design, create and offer data-driven solutions for many parts of the enterprise. We are aided by business with a large market share in individual life insurance. We have the freedom to explore external data sources and new statistical techniques, and are excited about delivering a whole new generation of Analytical solutions.
Life insurance is on the verge of huge change driven by better data, analytics and technology. This is a chance for you to participate in the transformation of an industry. Our data scientists are busy building advanced solutions. As a Data Science Project Manager/Business Analyst, you will make them effective by creating compelling presentations that translate complex data science concepts into digestible content for our business partners. You will coordinate projects with multiple internal departments and external vendors, and lead them all the way to production implementation and business value realization. You will interact with and support stakeholders in actuarial, underwriting, marketing, life-product, legal, procurement and technology. You will also research new vendor partnerships for data/solutions that improve our processes and products.
This role will be responsible for presentation/content development, project management and reporting for analytics projects in a busy Data Science team. Your primary focus will be to convert complex data science project related content into exceptional business presentations. You will create a library of content and coordinate content creation for high level stakeholder meetings and project updates. You will manage project schedules, maintain milestone status reports, provide communications updates to stakeholders in the in the Underwriting, Actuarial, Marketing and Agency spaces while coordinating with Procurement, Legal, and Technology when required.
- Converts data science project information into effective and visually appealing presentation materials for internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Manages and curates a library of project materials for use in presentations and available within quick turn times.
- Creates business cases with business value, competitive analysis, financials, etc. Informally and formally presents business ideas internally.
- Effectively manages projects and keeps them on time and target.
- Resolves problems and removes obstacles to timely and high-quality project completion.
- Follows industry trends in insurance and related data/analytics businesses.
- Travels to events, company locations and vendor meetings as needed (< 10%).
- 3-5 years of experience in a consulting role serving the Life, Health or P&C insurance industries
- 2+ years of experience managing and executing projects, ideally coordinating and executing presentations for programs in large insurance or financial services organizations.
- BS/BA in business preferred
- Strong business writing acumen, can convey complex ideas clearly and concisely for professional audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including extensive experience in developing presentations.
- Analytical mindset, aptitude for data management, processing and analysis techniques.
- Expertise in creating effective and visually appealing MS PowerPoint presentations.
- Proficient with SharePoint, Visio
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels in our organization.
- Highly organized. Proven ability to effectively manage own and contributors' time while multitasking between several, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities.
- Credible functional expertise in insurance and business-level understanding of analytics.
Data Quality Analyst
- City of London, London
- £20000 - £30000 per annum
- 19 days ago
I am currently recruiting for an experienced data quality analyst to support the analytics manager in improving the overall quality of data assets across the business. You will get the opportunity to be highly business facing liaising with stakeholders from all parts of the business. I ... Read More
Data Analyst - Audit - Insurance
- Stamford, Connecticut
- 12 days ago
Are you a passionate Data Analyst with the ability to recommend and deliver high level business improvements? Do you have experience working with Audit and Compliance Data? If so read on…. I am partnered with, a long established international P&C insurer who are investing and developing... Read More
Senior Big Data Engineer
- New Jersey, USA
- 4 days ago
This is an opportunity for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join a growing digital analytics group who are looking to implement Artificial Intelligence solutions. Building custom data pipelines on top of our core Python/Hadoop platform Using your deep understanding of our platform to ident... Read More
Senior Data Scientist
- New York, USA
- US$160000 - US$180000 per annum
- 8 days ago
I am exclusively partnering with an international specialist insurer who are rapidly expanding their Data team. This senior position will mean you are responsible for independently lead data analysis, and modeling. You will work closely with data engineers and BI experts to develop a st... Read More