Data Quality Business Analyst
The MBE Data Management Office (DMO) was created in 2018 with responsibility for Data Management across MBE, including Amsterdam and seven branches across Europe. The DMO mandate is to:
- Develop a business-led, technology-enabled Data Strategy with a roadmap to deliver the Data Management target state
- Develop a Data Governance Framework and establish data-related policies and procedures to improve the value of data as an enterprise asset
- Perform Key Data Management to ascertain the sufficiency of Data Quality Controls in place and instill effective data ownership
- Assess and monitor Data Quality in key business processes: implement agreed DQ business rules & standards and monitor performance with business owners
- Manage Data Quality issues: identifying root causes, proposing solutions, and tracking remediation
We're looking for an enthusiastic professional to enhance our Data Management practice at MBE!
Overall Purpose of the role:
The Data Quality Business Analyst (DQ BA) supports the business and systems divisions of the European division in assessing and monitoring the quality of key data and makes recommendations on steps needed to remediate Data Quality gaps & issues. The DQ BA takes both tactical and strategic views and appreciates the value of good quality data from regulatory and commercial perspectives.
As a key member of the Data Quality Team within the Data Management Office, the role focuses on two main areas, leveraging close collaboration with Business Data Stewards and Data Custodians through the Data Quality Working Group:
- Data Quality Assessment & Monitoring
Concentrating on the key data used for prioritized business processes (regulatory / risk/management reporting, KYC, etc.), the DQ BA profiles the data and then works with business SMEs to develop Data Quality Business Rules. The DQ BA implements these rules in the DQ Assessment & Monitoring platform (Informatica IDQ-based), coordinating gap-remediation activities with support functions and data-producing departments within the Amsterdam Head Office and across the branch network.
- Data Quality Issue Management
For Data Quality issues, the DQ BA assesses the business impact to support prioritization and then performs root-cause analysis, aligning with business and technical SME's on approaches to solve the underlying problems. These solutions are assigned owners for DQ issue resolution through the Data Management Committee. The DQ BA coordinates the Issue Management workflow and maintains the DQ Issue Register so that management reporting is up-to-date and actionable.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work to continuously improve the data quality within MBE
- Work closely with the data stewardship & custodian communities through the Data Quality Working Group to:
- drive data quality improvements
- align on DQ Assessment & Monitoring
- maximize the effectiveness of DQ Issue Management
- Perform key activities in theDQ Assessment & Monitoring process:
- profile (key) data and interpret results
- develop data quality business rules
- measure and report data quality metrics
- coordinate addressing data quality gaps
- Perform key activities in theDQ Issue Management process:
- assess the business impact of DQ issues
- analyze and document DQ issue root-causes
- design solutions to DQ issues
- assign ownership appropriate for DQ issue resolution & track remediation activities
- Use MBE's Data Quality toolsets: Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Support further enhancement of MBE's Data Quality toolsets
- Utilize appropriate MI dashboards to convey DQ levels and remediation progress
- Contribute to the enhancement of MBE's data quality framework, processes, principles, and standards
- Contribute to discussions with business, architecture and IT teams to improve DQ monitoring
The function requires an intellectual and working background at University level and/or experience in a similar function or relevant area.
- The function requires broad practical experience a number of financial service disciplines specifically in DQ assessment, monitoring & issue management
- Experience of regulatory reporting and/or risk reporting is preferred
- The role requires at least 3 years of experience in relevant data-related roles
- The role requires the experience of using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) to assess and monitor Data Quality
The following abilities, experience, and characteristics are necessary to successfully perform the role of Data Quality Business Analyst:
- An understanding of the principles and practice for effective Data (Quality) Management
- An appreciation for the drivers & benefits of Data (Quality) Management
- Knowledge of Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolsets: i.e. DQ Developer and DQ Analyst
- Good data-related technical skills - SQL queries, data analysis using Excel, etc.
- Ability to work across multiple initiatives concurrently
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization
- written and verbal communications
- quantitative and visual materials
- A team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization, capable to influence others to move toward consensus
- Chicago, Illinois
- US$65000 - US$75000 per annum
- 16 days ago
Work closely with the actuarial and underwriting teams to identify areas of under and over performance; develop performance KPIs for analysis and provision to underwriters; monitor market performance trends; benchmark underwriting performance against peers; support development of busine... Read More
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- 27 days ago
Our client is seeking to hire an E-Commerce Specialist to come join their Digital Innovation hub in Dublin City Centre Job Role This is a key role based in our clients Dublin HQ within the newly established Chief Digital & Innovation office. You will contribute to the digital performanc... Read More