Data Protection Specialist - International Banking Group
City of London - Salary up to £75,000 with bonus and great benefits
My client, an International banking group based in the City are looking to recruit a Data Protection Specialist sitting within the evolving Group IT Risk function.
The bank has recently appointed a new Group DPO who will be looking to build out the function with several essential hires that will help in shaping and implementing and Data Protection and Privacy Compliance framework going forward.
This is a broad business-facing role but the main responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the implementation, management and monitoring of the data privacy and protection strategy and the creation and roll-out of policies, guidelines and data protection awareness.
- Lead in the delivery of; DPIA's, Privacy by Design reviews, Communications strategy and training among others.
- Foster a Data Protection culture within the business.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Previous experience and expertise in national and EU data privacy laws (GDPR), regulations and practices
- Understanding of data processing operations, including business applications and data use A hybrid understanding of cross over between legal, IT and data security requirements
- Commercial awareness, with an objective view of balance of data use and legal requirements
- Experience of promoting a data privacy culture of awareness and understanding within a Bank
- Track record of evaluating and translating complex privacy policies
This is a great opportunity for a Data Protection professional to play a large part in shaping a forward thinking and innovative Privacy department and the strategy in an Global Banking Group.
This role will not be on the market for long, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.