Data Protection Officer - International FTSE150
Milton Keynes - Salary up to £120,000 with 40% stretch bonus and great benefits
My client, an International Retail organisation with operations in over 30 countries is looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer to join the business. Reporting to the Group General Counsel the DPO will be responsible for leading on Data Protection and Privacy across the Group and shaping the Privacy strategy going forward.
This is a Senior and all-encompassing role but the main responsibilities will include:
- Defining the requirement for managing ongoing compliance within Data Protection and Privacy.
- Identify and mitigate Privacy risk across the Group.
- Keep the group abreast of any changes in Privacy law internationally.
- Lead and develop the Data Protection team. Provide expert advice across the business on any Data Protection and Privacy issues.
- Establish, maintain and monitor a data protection and privacy framework including policies and procedures.
- Implementation and maintain privacy by design across the business.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- The business expects the candidate will have proven experience as a Data Protection Officer, ideally for a large multinational organisation.
- You will have expert knowledge in Data Protection and Privacy including GDPR and some experience in an international environment would be beneficial.
- Ideally you will carry relevant qualifications and come from a Legal or Compliance background. Being legally qualified would be advantageous for this role.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Data Protection professional to play a large part in shaping a forward thinking and innovative Privacy department and the strategy in a global business.
This role will not be on the market for long, please send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.