Data Protection Officer - Professional Services Organisation
Based anywhere in UK - Salary up to £95,000 with benefits
My client, a National and well-known professional services organisation based in London but with offices nationwide are looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer to join the business. Reporting to the Director for Risk and Compliance the DPO will be responsible for ensuring continuing compliance and shaping the Privacy strategy for the group going forward.
The role will give the candidate the opportunity to work across a variety of areas in the business and the responsibilities could include:
- Maintaining and reviewing policies
- Maintaining and developing the privacy framework.
- Reviewing supplier contracts and third-party agreements.
- Contract negotiations.
- Assisting with the Privacy Impact assessment process.
- Providing training and awareness to Senior Management across the group.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- The business expects the candidate will have circa 5 years of experience within Data Protection and Privacy management and the proven ability to build and manage a strategy going forward.
- The ideal candidate would be from a legal background but the business is open to accepting candidates from a variety of backgrounds provided they have the ability to carry out the role.
- You will have expert knowledge of Privacy laws, and the task required of a DPO under Article 39 of GDPR.
- You will ideally have dual advisory and operational experience and be comfortable acting in either capacity.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Data Protection professional to play a large part in shaping a forward thinking and innovative Privacy department and the strategy in a large scale business.
This role is an urgent role that will not be on the market for long, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.