Oliver James Associates Switzerland are currently supporting a leading Swiss Asset Management group in Zurich in their search for an experienced Data Protection Legal Counsel.
My client is an exceptional Asset Management business operating across the globe with key offices in all global hubs with an AUM exceeding 70bn CHF. They run their group legal function from Zurich and are seeking a Data Protection Attorney to directly support the Head of Legal.
- Providing Comprehensive legal advice for specialized divisions the Group relating to Data Protection
- Comfortable in a high-pressure environment a dynamic, changing environment
- Fluency English and German with additional languages such as Italian and French preferred
- You help to expand the team and take on a role model function towards younger team members
- Overall coordination of data protection activities, including the coordination of processing activities across different regions and countries
- Advising on data protection matters, including data protection impact assessments, using a risk-based approach
- Manage data protection aspects of data breaches relating to headquarter functions or with a group-wide impact
Required Key Skills:
- Swiss Bar, other qualifications (like LL.M or MBA) are an advantage
- Minimum 3 years professional experience after Admission to the Bar
- Broad understanding of Swiss & European Financial Services regulation
- Relevant experience in Data Protection law in EU and Switzerland (GDPR knowledge highly beneficial)
- Established Fund Structuring & Legal Engineering experience
- Excellent legal and analytical skills and exercise of judgement with high ethical and control standards
- Excellent communication skills capable of dealing with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including senior management
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and contact details directly to Nicky.Walsh@ojassociates.com. Alternatively, if this sounds like an interesting opportunity for somebody within your network, please get in touch to refer them.