Data Project Manager - New York, NY - 6 month Contract (to hire)
Project Manager responsibilities include working with the technology team in supporting all efforts of our various projects. The ideal candidate will knock down barriers and roll up their sleeves in an ever changing and challenging environment. They will lead end-to-end project management activities such as reporting, planning, issue and risk tracking, scheduling effort estimation and tracking, other project documentation preparation and turnover to production. Working with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute will be expected..
- Working on Data related projects
- Manages multiple simultaneous projects including planning, project launch, control, and delivery against timeline and budget metrics
- Develops project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Monitors progress, budget and deliverables through the team and adjust plans and priorities ongoing to minimize critical paths; balances scope, schedule, and budget considerations to adjust the project with minimal impact to the business
- Assesses business implications at each stage of the project
- Maintains risk management plans which reflect changing probabilities and impacts, presents changes to management for approval and effectively leads the project team through risk mitigation plans for identified risks
- Coordinates cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity
- Communicates project status discussions at numerous levels
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-6 years of proven project management experience in the IT sector
- Previous experience with Agile methodologies is a MUST! Kanban is a PLUS!
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- PMP certification is a plus
If you are interested in the role, please respond with an updated resume.