I am working on a very unique contract opportunity to work within a specialist department of a a Tier 1 insurance business based in the South east of the UK.
I am looking for a Data Engineer who has significant exposure in developing and maintaining a robust cloud based solution fit for low latency, highly available, scoring of machine learning solutions within AWS.
The initial contract is for 3 months with significant potential to extend, rates are flexible dependent upon experience. The client are looking for a candidate to join urgently . As this is a high profile role, My client is looking for a strong candidates who can demonstrate the following on a day to day basis:
Daily responsibilities for this role are:
- Contributing to a small team of highly talented software / data engineers
- Contributing to application architecture - design and build
- Implementing trustworthy and efficient data transformations via ETL and ELT
- Building & improving software and services through continuous integration pipelines
- Working closely with DevOps engineer(s) to agree on and apply best practices
- Staying on top of AWS offerings and taking advantage of new services if applicable
- Evangelising usage of the cloud for scalable and robust solutions
Candidates will be expected to have in depth understanding of the following essential technical skills:
The following Desirable skills are required:
- Significant experience of data transformation via ETL and / or ELT
- Significant years of experience with SQL - e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Redshift
- Unix / Linux experience
- Experience with AWS - EC2, ECS, S3, ELB, ALB, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis, etc.
- Significant experience with Python or R
- Experience developing highly concurrent, distributed enterprise applications in Java
- Experience with the Spring Framework / Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of functional programming
- Experience in Asynchronous Reactive programming models desirable
- Understanding of agile processes and incremental delivery, translating high level ideas to stories
- Passionate about Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code
- Passionate about Test Driven Development
- Understanding and experience of CI
- Understanding and experience of CD
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of DevOps, Infrastructure as Code. Practical experience beneficial
- Experience in clustered systems
- Experience and understanding of different database technologies, their use cases and trade-offs e.g. SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of messaging technologies, their use cases and trade-offs - e.g. Kafka, AMQP
If you are interested in this role, Please do not hesitate to contact me today with your CV.