Data Business Analyst - Luton - Insurance - Up to £50k
The purpose of this role is to work within the Data Warehouse team to capture, document and manage requirements; impact assess and scope change requests and agree and document definitions and descriptions of all key deliverables. The role will also require the successful candidate to update all applicable models and diagrams and document key processes incl. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage, Reconciliation etc.
- Understand the Businesses requirements regarding the specific data source through workshops and interviews.
- Documenting requirements in the appropriate documents
- Liaise with suppliers to understand the source data and availability to do gap analysis
- Create and agree the data sharing specification
- Create data mapping for each source data
- Consult with stakeholders to deliver on specific requirements
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure that the Data Warehouse team delivers the information to meet the businesses needs
- To have solid analytical skills gained through working on large Corporate Projects preferably in ta professional services environment
- To have a solid understanding of Dimensional Modelling for the Data Warehouse
- Experience working on projects using MS SQL Server and the Microsoft BI Toolset
- To have any experience with visualisation tool such as PowerBI
- Good communication skills
- Good experience dealing with stakeholders of all levels
- Experience in documenting requirements
- Experience in workshop facilitation
- Exposure to a projects environment or experience of the project life cycle
The company are a leader in their field and have been well renowned in the UK for a number of years. They have been providing insurance to millions of customers and are currently embarking on an exciting period of change.