This is a technical position with responsibility to lead the development, validation, publishing, and maintenance of logical and physical data models to support the data requirements of the company.
- Determine data layer requirements through analysing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Develops the Enterprise Logical Data Model (LDM).
- Knowledge and use of data profiling tools and techniques
- Management of development, integration, administration, and evolution of the data ecosystem.
- Applying technical architectural concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- The ability to convert business requirements into data requirements
- Must be able to converts as-is application models to data models
- Must posses excellent communication skills both written and verbal as this position will require the ability to manage stakeholders of varying levels.
- Proof of undertaking extensive analysis and taking design through to the point of implementation
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced Excel experience
- At least 2 years experience of working in a Data Architect's role.
- A minimum of 5 years working in a Data Analysis position/
- Significant hands-on experience with relational database technologies and ETL tools (SQL and SSIS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in delivering precise documentation of AS IS and TO BE data architecture and processes
- Ability to evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Linking business processes to data models
- Ability to develop, publish, and maintain all documentation for data models
- Able to identify data requirements by interrogating legacy databases / models / data transformation steps / validation rules as well as through interviews with subject matter experts.