Our client, a leading Asset Managers, is looking to bring on a Data Analyst/Engineer to their Equity Investment team.
Data analyst role at a top asset management firm based in London. Boasting an AUM in the region of £40bn across a range of strategies on behalf of clients globally. The successful candidate is expected to be highly technical with research data, however many techniques and building blocks used will be transferable to production database. We are looking for a strong individual within the technical areas with several year's experience in quantitative equity investment. Fast paced, dynamic environment requires an individual who is looking to continue their development within an ever-changing environment.
Overview of role
- Reporting directly into the Head of Data Analytics
- Working on, maintaining and growing a scalable database
- Conducting quantitative analysis of investment signals (through sparse, traditional and unstructured data sources)
- Validating and correcting inaccurate data
- Following IT standards for system and documentation access
- Ad-hoc development i.e. bug fixes and process improvements as well as BUA enhancements
- Strong working experience in building highly scalable/high performance databases
- A deep knowledge and understanding of large scale database technologies
- Experience in Data Marts, Time Series, Cloud, Cubes
- Excellent MS SQL Server knowledge, T-SQL
- At least one of the data analytic languages (Python / R / MATLAB etc.
- Ability to identify errors in data
- Financial dataset knowledge
- Knowledge of equity capital markets and products
- Quantitative Equity Strategy experience and their implementation
- Working on Cloud enabled systems
- Fundamental accounting data knowledge
- The use of large scale data analysis stack experience (Hive HQL, Spark)
- Skills in .Net, MATLAB, Excel/VBA