The Senior Security Consultant will provide delivery leadership and pre-sales support within the Cyber Defence consultancy team primarily aligned to clients in the DACH region.
The role includes the following responsibilities.
- Provide the lead in major delivery projects acting as a security design authority and team lead, ensuring that solutions remain in scope and are aligned to agreed business requirements, appropriate delivery methodologies are followed and that effective governance is applied;
- Delivery of smaller stand-alone projects as required;
- Provide support and guidance to consultants working on other PSS projects;
- Provide peer reviews of HLD, LLD and other project documentation as required;
- Work with internal and external stake holders to understand business requirements and prepare appropriate technical solution designs at both high and low levels.
- Work with the sales teams to help define end-client business requirements and associated security services solutions;
- Support the definition, scope and estimation of PSS security services;
- Attend client meetings where applicable.
- Support the preparation of RFP responses and SOWs in areas that relate directly to PSS security services;
- Support and actively participate in the business development of the practice by identifying additional business opportunities within the current client base;
- Make a contribution to the on-going development of PSS security services to ensure that they reflect current industry best practice and trends and remain aligned to customer requirements and expectations;
- Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the PSS team;
- Support the practice lead in local management activities;
- Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate billing and reporting of consultancy time;
- Maintain effective network of business contacts and their partner community;
- Maintain and grow their own knowledge to ensure this maintains fully relevant to the security services practice and its clients;
- Have strong presentation and written/verbal communications skills at multiple levels of an organization;
- Have security consulting, design and delivery experience.
As a Security Consultant you will bring:
- Technical expertise with very strong skills in at least 3 or 4 of the technologies below (please note preferred technologies):
- Network FWs particularly NGFW including Palo Alto and Fortinet.
- Infrastructure firewalls: Cisco ASA, Check Point & Juniper.
- Security Devices: Bluecoat Proxy (preferred), F5 ASM, Zscaler, Cisco IronPort;
- IDP/IPS: FirePower/Sourcefire IPS/IDS (preferred), McAfee;
- Vulnerability Scanners: Skybox, Nessus, Nikto, Qualys;
- APT: FireEye, Palo Alto WildFire; Bluecoat Solara
- Identity & Access Management: Cisco ISE;
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies;
- Experience of multi-vendor, managed outsourcing environments;
- Experience working with operational environments following ITIL frameworks;
- Good general knowledge and expertise of networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, LAN, …);
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical);
- Ability to review processes and procedures - and improve them;
- Experience participating in network & system security projects to provide:
- Business requirements analysis and support for Solutions Architects;
- Production of detailed infrastructure designs including physical and virtual aspects of security components.
- Migration of complex legacy infrastructures to new managed security services platforms;
It is likely that you will have gained some of the following professional qualifications:
- CISSP or equivalent;
- Vendor specific engineering certifications (e.g. Palo Alto CNSE, Cisco CCNA Security, … ).