A global insurer is looking for a capable Credit Control Manager to lead and manage the Credit Control Team to ensure that all receivable benchmarks and KPIs are achieved
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and lead the Credit Control Team to ensure that all receivable benchmarks and KPIs are achieved
- In respect of distribution channels: Includes but not limited to agents, brokers, reinsurance, multinational, bancassurance; corporate and consumers.
- In respect of lines of business: Includes but not limited to property & casualty, accident & health, fire mortgage and specialty products.
- Prepare Credit Control Reports to CFO and Regional Finance
- Analyse data to establish problem accounts, producers, line of business, distribution channels and booking/collection procedures to rectify receivable issues
- Establish and refine receipting, matching and reconciliation procedures.
- Ensures receipts are recorded and reconciled on a timely basis.
- Performs reconciliation between the company's statement of accounts vs brokers/insurers/reinsurers statement of accounts
- Works with internal teams such as Operations and Business units to resolve issues affecting receivables
- Works with Central Business Service team located overseas to manage the receivable functions
- Able to work independently and drive solutions with brokers/agents/bank partners as well as internal stakeholders to resolve receivable or reconciliation issues.
- Possesses excellent people-skills to manage and ensure that receivables are collected successfully
- Takes initiative to follow-up on receivables issues, and embark on mini-projects to ensure resolution of issues, to meet the country's receivables benchmarks
- Prepare for monthly Country Credit Collection Meetings
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 8 years' experience in financial operations (particularly credit control) of insurance/ reinsurance companies
- At least 3 years in a managerial role
- Proficient in English and able to communicate effectively with people from different countries and cultures
- Work well in a team environment
- Organised, deadline focused, meticulous with an eye for detail and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage ad-hoc, non-standard and often unstructured requests, at short notice
- Motivated to take ownership of work and to seek further responsibilities