Counterparty Operations Risk Associate
The primary role of this function will be for actioning incoming counterparty requests (i.e. requests coming to the company from counterparties) through a combination of responding to the requests and/or ensuring requests are assigned to the appropriate person or group within the business for completion and follow up. Coordinates and communicates status as necessary with broader counterparty risk team.
- Work with UK and Irish Legal teams to ensure that counterparty related industry and regulatory standards and requirements primarily related to the Irish domiciled funds are understood and adhered to.(i.e specialist in the Irish Funds regulations related to counterparty oversight).
- Assists in performing periodic RMP document review in coordination with UK and Irish Legal teams as well as global fund Compliance, Investment Risk and CRM.
- Liaise with UK trading desks as required to explain counterparty procedures and approval requirements. (European time zone coverage for counterparty risk)
- Assists with the dissemination and evaluation of Broker questionnaires and order handling principles to understand and identify risks related to counterparty operating practices.
- Assist in new and existing broker reviews working in close coordination with the US and regional teams as needed while ensuring that consistent methodology is followed.
- Work closely with the US based Counterparty Risk Management (CRM) team and the CRM representatives in the regional offices (primarily UK and Australia) to help ensure that counterparty approval, monitoring, onboarding, and related counterparty administration activities are coordinated and consistent.
- Perform selected regional third party due diligence reviews as needed
- Maintains knowledge of the company products with focus on Irish and UK domiciled products, financial markets, market structure, securities and general investment themes in order to bring an informed perspective to the counterparty risk management process.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. (Degree in a business discipline preferred).
- Minimum of three years related and progressive work experience.
- FRM or other Risk management certification strongly preferred.
- Programming skills and interest in learning and using new technologies preferred.
- Advanced analysis, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Sound business judgment, ability to influence others, and ability to apply practical thinking.
- Ability to mobilize, execute and deliver analysis and reports.
- Ability to work independently while communicating effectively about status of work with crew in other locations.
- Risk management, controls, or related work experience required.
- Advanced working knowledge of Mutual Funds, equity, fixed income and FX derivatives, and investment operations. Equity and/or Fixed Income markets knowledge and experience preferred.
- Specialized knowledge across the disciplines related to risks in investment management (e.g., regulatory, counterparty, technology and fraud risk) with core expertise in operational risk required.
- Counterparty Risk and Collateral Management experience preferred. Working knowledge of Charles River, Aladdin, or Bloomberg preferred.
Senior Conduct Risk Manager
- West Midlands, England
- Up to £100000 per annum + 12% car allowance, 25% bonus
- about 23 hours ago
Senior Conduct Risk Manager Provide advice and guidance on conduct risk with new projects, products, propositions, services and other initiatives to ensure fair customer outcomes are delivered, and risk mitigation in line with risk appetite. Implement the framework for 2nd line oversigh... Read More
Technology Risk Manager
- Singapore, Singapore
- 11 days ago
Leading Insurance Business; Broad Exposure & Swift Career Progression; Excellent Work Life Balance This leading insurance business has a newly created headcount within the Risk function, focusing on Technology with a particular emphasis on digital transformation. This is an excellent op... Read More
Risk and Controls Manager
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £57000 - £65000 per annum
- 18 days ago
This will be a senior role in a team responsible for all aspects of Risk Management and IT Controls, including risk assessments, planning, documentation, testing of IT Controls, and any follow-ups to ensure mitigation of any failures and weaknesses. The role will report to the Head of I... Read More
Senior Operational Risk Manager
- City of London, London
- 18 days ago
Senior Operational Risk Manager London I am partnering with a market leading Life insurer in London in the search for an Senior Operational Risk Manager. With considerable exposure to the wider business and senior stakeholders you will offer advice and guidance in the design, implementa... Read More