Our client is currently expanding their Corporate Governance team in Dublin and are looking to hire a number of experienced candidates to facilitate this.
As a Corporate Governance Expert, you will work closely with our clients internal asset management teams and business partners to ensure communications between the Boards and the business operate effectively and to the highest standards. The team ensure that all applicable governance requirements are met and that standard company secretarial activities are completed in a timely and effective manner.
As an Associate in the fund board governance team, you will demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills as the role requires regular interaction with Board members and with senior executives within the company.
You will provide company secretarial support (board meetings, minutes, proxies, circular resolutions, AGMs, EGMs, liquidations). Participation in and management of Board meetings will be a key part of your function. Your will mainly be responsible of the following:
- Working as part of the team, to ensure the highest level of corporate governance
- Handle the business of a range of corporate entities through the setting of agendas, preparation and distribution of Board packs, completion of matters arising and minutes and the monitoring and control of Board delegations policies
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Chairpersons and Directors of each entity for which you are responsible
- Management of shareholder meetings where appropriate
- Work with other staff to ensure that submissions are of a high standard and are suitable to lay before the Board ensuring that they address issues of importance to the Boards
- Assist in monitoring and updating UK Board and Committee diaries
- Updating company records (both internal and Blueprint) and preparing templates
- Reviewing and drafting documents and procedures
- Preparation of minutes and matters arising for the Boards or Committees
- Assist in ensuring that all Board and Committee terms of references are reviewed and updated (if required) on a regular basis
- Assist in advising on corporate governance risks
- Support the strong governance and control framework in place across Europe by adherence to the processes and procedures in place to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations
- Actively work to develop and improve Board and Committee processes and controls in response to regulatory and industry changes, and as directed by the Boards and the business
- Providing input and advice to the business and directors with regard to Board governance matters
- Report to the Boards and Committees on matters such as delegated authorities, board policies and procedures and corporate governance matters generally