As the Complaints analyst, you will work for a leader within the global Commercial Insurance market. You will be the principle point of contact for all Company UK & Irish platform complaints, taking responsibility for all aspects of complaints investigation and resolution including oversight of outsourced complaints handling and associated activity such as root cause analysis and MI.
- To act as the subject matter expert for all Company complaints
- Lead the design and implementation of appropriate complaints policies, procedures, and training to meet applicable regulatory requirements including Lloyd's minimum standards
- Responsible for recognising, recording, investigating, responding to all applicable Company complaints and appropriately actioning these in line with any applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and controls are in place to provide assurance to senior management that all regulatory requirements are being met
- Undertake root cause analysis of complaints received and agree appropriate actions, with timescales, for resolution and monitor their implementation with a view to improving customer experience
- Prepare complaint files and supporting documentation, which have been requested, by Lloyd's, the Financial Ombudsman service (FOS), Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO) or other regulator or ombudsman on complaints issues. Production of relevant regulatory returns as may be requested by any regulator
- Communicate learning's from Lloyd's, FSPO and FOS decisions to the trading teams and agreed committees
- Work with compliance to assess the impact of any new complaints legislation and regulation on the group and preparing for their implementation. Including reviewing and updating of complaints procedures in light of any changes in the groups businesses, law or regulatory requirements
- Play a supporting role in maintaining strong and effective relationships with key regulators including Lloyd's, the FOS, FSPO and other regulators across Europe
- Responsible for oversight of complaints handling by TPA's and coverholders with complaints handling authority
- Manage the development, updating, collating, aggregating and reporting of complaints MI, including production and development of reports on complaints to the Conduct risk Forum, Audit Committees and Boards
- Maintain an overview and knowledge of conduct regulation, expectation, good market practice and requirements as they relate to complaints, and provide updates to the business where required
- Responsible for complaints training and education within the organisation
- Participation in the product development process including attendance at the Conduct risk Forum
- You will work with the compliance team to proactively promote a conduct culture across all areas of the business and provide a proactive source of advice, expertise and support on conduct
- Provide support to the compliance team on conduct risk matters including coverholder and product review and approval
Skills & Experience
- Experience of complaints handling in the UK insurance market essential, experience in the Lloyd's of London syndicate market desirable. Ability to interpret varied policy wording and insurance terminology.
- Track record of success in a regulated environment.
- Strong experience on the areas of risk management and/or compliance with well-developed knowledge of conduct requirements as they relate to complaints.
- Able to present and contribute to discussions at Executive and Board level.
- Must be able to work accurately and with minimum supervision and be able to make decisions on complaints based on a broad understanding of relevant policies and procedures and of operational requirements.
- Awareness of general insurance matters; including FOS & FSPO rulings and common technical approaches, including experience of FCA / CBI regulations desirable.
- Awareness of claims investigation and settlement procedures.
- The ability to remain calm and objective under pressure to handle difficult complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Effective case management, balancing short term and long term objectives and deadlines to ensure all cases are progressed in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team to organise work to meet prescribed service timetables.
- A high standard of written and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to discuss issues effectively with all levels of the market and third parties and produce high quality written communication. Good, clear communicator, able to convey the message appropriately and ensure it is understood by the audience.
- Time Management to ensure delivery according to agreed standards/commitments.
- IT skills Excel and Word.
- ACII qualification desirable.
Pricing Modelling Analyst
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- 18 days ago
About the organization: This multinational organization is opening his doors in Amsterdam as of January 2019. The organization is predominantly focused on understanding, measuring, and predicting consumer financial behaviour. Their Amsterdam subsidiary will be dedicated to advanced anal... Read More
Lead Business Analyst - Innovation projects
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 14 days ago
An amazing senior BA opportunity has just become available with Tier 1 International Insurance firm for a Strategy and Innovation transformation programme. We are looking for strong Life Insurance domain knowledge, Digital and Innovation transformation experience within an Agile environ... Read More
Sn. Business Analyst - digital projects for FS
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 14 days ago
An amazing senior Business Analyst opportunity has just become available with Tier 1 International Insurance firm for a Strategy and Innovation transformation programme. We are looking for strong Life Insurance domain knowledge, Digital and Innovation transformation experience within an... Read More
URGENT - Business Analyst / Consultant - Start in Feb, 2019
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- HK$35000 - HK$45000 per month + benefits
- 3 days ago
We are looking either for an Operations / Process Business Analyst or an experience in process engineering who is looking for a career-changing experience within the New Business domain in Insurance. We are looking for an IMMEDIATELY available consultant/Business Analyst who is interest... Read More