This claims professional must have extensive background in the insurance industry, which includes both primary and excess insurance claim handling experience. The ideal candidate will have a high level of technical claim handling ability with property claims for large and complex Fortune 1000 companies, as well as an in-depth knowledge of insurance terms and concepts. The person will operate in a team environment to achieve shared business objectives and will primarily manage property claims arising out of accounts underwritten in North America.
Oversee and manage a portfolio of Property P&C accounts which entails:
- Managing a portfolio of claims: Evaluating and assessing coverage, policy liability and establishing case reserves based upon assessed settlement value of claims;
- Consolidating data and preparing reports for key stakeholders and senior management;
- Approving financial transactions on claims within his/her authority;
- Collaborating and assisting in the account management of assigned accounts, often with other internal department representatives;
- Conducting claim audits, attending market meetings and providing marketing support to underwriters;
- Analysing loss and expense trends on loss portfolios and assisting in the development and implementation of plans to improve results;
- Working with, and independently of underwriting to develop and maintain key client relationships and managing the review of key accounts;
- Working effectively with others within the claim department, particularly with other claim experts and those staffing the claim administration unit, to ensure prompt turnaround and response to clients;
- Representing claims department internally and externally, including review meetings with brokers and/or policyholders on an as needed basis;
- Keeping abreast of claim and industry developments/trends to maintain a high level of expertise;
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting in the training of more junior claim staff;
- Participating in projects as required;
- Taking on other duties as assigned.