Our client has developed a brand new business model in the captives insurance space and already has already established a significant market presence in Bermuda and worldwide.
The CFO will partner with the President and executive leadership team providing both Finance and Commercial support. The role leads the Finance & Commercial team and will be integral part in steering and supporting key business priorities.
The role has oversight for all financial-related activities for the company. Managing a team of Finance professionals, this person will have overall responsibility for all commercial / pricing, financial, management and operational reporting, accounting, financial forecasting, risk management, tax, statutory reporting, financial operational functions and treasury.
The individual may also have direct relationships with customers/ key commercial partners and participates in key customer meetings and negotiations as well as being a member of the governance steering committees.
- Play an active role in the leadership in Bermuda, providing input and support where needed.
- Advise on financial implications of management decisions as well as establish the financial soundness of proposed acquisitions or new business ventures.
- Lead the completion of high quality business cases / financial modelling for all major client opportunities.
- Lead the Annual planning process. This includes leading the annual budget and forecasting process as well as ensuring the stakeholder engagement into the planning process and meets the wider Global deadlines.
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of financial reports and forecasts for the organisation. Providing a clear insight into the financial condition of the business to help drive the financial discipline and accountability required to improve operating and financial performance.
- Provide analytical support and reporting that provides insight into decision making
- Ensure the profits of the business are protected through the establishment of effective financial controls. Implementing and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budget controls and expenditure procedures. Ensure the controls in place complies with the requirements of the commercial business, our auditors as well as current financial services legislation.
- Oversee the relationship with our external auditors to ensure they are satisfied with all accounting, reporting, compliance and control practices in the business.
- Bachelor of Business / Finance.
- CA / CPA / ACCA or similar qualified
Essential Experiences, Skill Sets & Personal Competencies
- Completed at least 10 years as a senior Finance leader, preferably within the insurance industry
- Knowledge of appropriate regulatory and statutory frameworks, especially as they apply to the business' major jurisdictions (e.g. BMA, APRA, NAIC)
- Experience leading, motivating and developing finance teams that contribute as a true business partner.
- Communicate in a persuasive and engaging manner.
- Demonstrate strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Attention to detail, follow through, closure and completion
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and execute service agreements.
- Strong commercial skills and a proven track record of leading complex pricing and deal structuring
- Exercise good business acumen and ability to influence Business Outcomes.
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate an ability to actively manage risks.
- Experience in business planning, forecasting and business case development
- Experience in dealing with and presenting to boards and Board framework as well as governance and Risk Management
If you are interested in this role please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the prompts provided.