A global communications and technology company has the opportunity for an Interim Category Expert to join their procurement and sourcing team on a 6 month contract in Dublin.
The category Expert will be responsible the the managed services category.
Sourcing team is responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies to leverage relationships across the enterprise to achieve best total value.
The successful category expert will be a dynamic professional with a transformational approach to Sourcing, with the knowledge to design and execute category management strategies in a global environment supporting the Managed Services Category.
Reporting to the Category Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for the Managed Services Category. Leading global cross functional teams in the development, communication and approval of sourcing strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring that category strategy's result in savings and value streams, and innovation opportunities;
- Continual monitoring of internal customers and supply markets for changes that may impact the sourcing strategy;
- Responsible for leading global cross functional teams through the supplier selection process and for the approval of selected suppliers by stakeholders.
- Supporting the team-based supplier selection process of identifying potential suppliers, RFX development and execution, proposal evaluation against business requirements and total cost of ownership
- Upon stakeholder approval, the successful negotiation and finalisation of all contractual documentation, ensuring that agreements reflect the needs globally
- Responsible for executing supplier relationship management activities for key assigned suppliers within the assigned category's, with oversight regarding supplier relationship management.
- Minimum of 3 year's experience in a similar role
- Strong negotiation skills and cost management practices
- Proficiency with SAP & Microsoft Suite applications (including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)