In this role you will help implement new and enhance existing applications in the Back Office and Corporate space, including the middleware framework. Full project life cycle exposure from the initial project technical proposal through to analysis, design, implementation and subsequent production rollout and support.
You will work closely with other IT teams as well as the Middle Office, Risk and Finance business departments to achieve company-wide goals.
Day to Day
You will write code, liaise and provide support and deliverables on a timely basis for any change request initiated by middle and back office, risk management, finance and compliance user groups. You will help with managing projects, performing business analysis and developing application enhancements. The work will involve the full life cycle of the SDLC including gathering user requirements, producing detailed specs, designing, coding, testing, deployment, and configuring the system for all change requests.
You will manage vendors on system enhancements and support whenever necessary, liaise with users from all areas and with other ITD teams including IT Governance, IT Support and IT Infrastructure while being client focused and maintain good working relationships with internal client users, mainly with middle, back office and risk management department. You will also be dealing with day-to-day production problems and maintenance when required.
This company doesn't expect you to have precious banking experience so it's a good opportunity to gain that exposure. They have flexible working locations and hours with a full virtual desktop implementation to assist this. They will also train you in Equities and Fixed Income knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in investment banking environment
- Extensive experience in C#
- Strong relational database skills - SQL Server
- Experience with Settlements/Corporate Actions systems (Gloss etc.)
- Experience in using object oriented analysis, in particular UML
- Experience in using TDD/BDD agile methodology
- Knowledge of source control such as Subversion/TFS
- Experience of Linux and Windows platforms
- Excellent English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Solid business knowledge in Back Office/Financial Applications is highly preferable
- Strong OO design skills with working experience of C#.NET/ASP.NET
- Experience of working with XML based technologies such as XSLT, JAXB and Application Server such as JBoss, JMS, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience of Subversion, Maven and Atlassian ALM/SDLC tools (JIRA, Bamboo, Crucible, FishEye, Confluence)
- Experience of automated testing and DevOps practices
- Self-motivated with a keen interest in gaining investment banking experience
- Ability to constructively influence other departments and individuals
Please apply with an updated CV