Business Analyst/Project Manager
Responsible for working with business partners, stakeholders and other team members to identify and understand highly complex business requirements and processes in order to recommend and support the delivery of quality technical solutions. The individual may be asked to assume responsibility for project management activities, including the planning, coordination and execution of projects in support of our business partners. This is a global role with significant focus on the US.
- Working with the Project Management Office, manage all phases of project development and implementation following the Project Management methodology, ensuring that risks are managed; issues are addressed; costs and time are monitored; communication takes place with stakeholders; quality is managed; and the team is engaged. Ensure business deliverables are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
- Produce reports on assigned project deliverables to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
- Escalate issues as required to appropriate project teams, business or counterparts. Serve as the liaison to the customer for the development team.
- Analyze problems in terms of process and/or systems functionality; generate data and apply analytical and quantitative techniques to formulate, describe, communicate and coordinate implementation of recommended solutions.
- Document and communicate project status to project team and/or management. Provide final approval of project implementation.
- Assumes business analyst responsibilities on some assignments when project is not big enough to warrant both a Project Manager and a Business analyst. Leads customer, stakeholders and development team members in the process of analyzing business requirements and developing solutions aligned with business and IT strategies
- Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to business or technology processes and/or systems. Consistently demonstrates in-depth knowledge of core business processes.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with internal control and external regulators by addressing any issues.
- Leads customer, stakeholders and development team members in the process of analyzing business requirements and developing solutions aligned with business and IT strategies.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; write improved procedures.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides clear written and verbal communications to project team.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- Proven and progressive project management/business analysis experience within financial sector, preferably reinsurance/insurance technology applications.
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent certification strongly preferred and may substitute for some required experience.
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking, communications, project management, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of business analysis methodology/processes, based either in IIBA, PMI or BCS
- Ability to manage multiple projects, working effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables.
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts, including the business case creation and production of functional specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated success in a fast- paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Flexible approach - we are a global operation.
- Professional qualifications in business analysis and project management desired
Business Change manager
- Surrey, England
- 17 days ago
The role is for a Business Change Manager working within a first tier insurer based in Surrey. The initial contract is for 6 months with significant potential to extend, rates are flexible dependent upon experience. The client are looking for a candidate to join urgently (immediate star... Read More
Project Manager / Business Analyst - Claims
- London, England
- about 1 month ago
Position Title Business Analyst / Project Manager - Claims Change Department Claims Employment Type Permanent - Full time Location London, England Experience Required Not Indicated Facility Education Required Degree or equivalent Shift Travel Percentage 0 Hours of Work 35 Relocation Pro... Read More
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- about 8 hours ago
Business Analyst - Leeds - Up to £40k - Professional Services Business Analyst, Global Payments Systems, Delivery A leading professional services organisation based in Leeds require a Business Analyst to join their technology function on a permanent basis. The company, a market leader, ... Read More
- South Yorkshire, England
- 10 days ago
Business Analyst - Yorkshire - Legal - Up to £40k - Perm The Role The purpose of this role is to work as part of a cross functional team completing Business Analysis deliverables including leading the process of gathering, elicitation, prioritisation, tracking and documenting of busines... Read More