**Business Analyst - IFRS17 - Actuarial - Contract - London**
A leading Financial Services business based in the heart of the City is recruiting onto its IFRS17 programme and is looking to bring on a Business Analyst at the initial stages of their second phase. You will be working very closely with the Finance, IT and Actuarial teams and experience of both IFRS17 and prior experience of working on Actuarial projects is essential.
- Reporting to the IFRS17 project manager, you will be a key enabler of successful delivery against mandatory and high impact accounting regulatory change environment and will need to be able to interpret and quickly understand potentially complex accounting treatments, to define and deliver a solution or solutions that meets the requirements of IFRS17.
- You will have accountability for establishing and upholding design principles for the project as well as coordinating and inputting to the requirements and methodologies to be applied to IFRS17. You will drive the approval of the design that will deliver the business requirements and ensure that project designs comply with the policies, standards and organisational constraints and are consistent with the supporting services and infrastructures that they use, or with which they interface.
- You will work closely with the Actuarial Systems, Actuarial Reporting, Finance and IT teams to design the technical solution and ensure its fit with the enterprise wide business architecture.
- Experience in delivering regulatory change specifically in respect of accounting standards such as US GAAP and IFRS is highly desirable.
- Proficient in gathering business requirements and translating these into a solution design and functional specifications.
- Demonstrable and extensive experience in business analysis role within the Insurance sector
- Ability to bridge the knowledge gap between business and technical SMEs.
- Experience of interfacing with external suppliers and managing engagement dependencies.
- Experience of working in both an Agile and Waterfall environment.
- Confident in identifying and escalating key points/issues requiring immediate address.
- Proven focus on quality, ensuring deliverables are accurate, qualitative and fit for purpose.
- Experience running requirements workshops, process mapping sessions, co-ordinate testing etc.