Business Data Analyst Position - Position will be extended into end of 2020
Not a Technical position
Experience with SQL, ETL and Data Warehouse Concepts
Will be working on DATA PROJECTS
Insurance background is helpful (Property & Casualty)
Title: Business Data Analyst
Reports to: Data Strategy Lead
Department: Data Strategy and Protection Office
Location: Alpharetta, GA
This is a hands-on role in the data space. It is about performing discovery and analysis in order to develop a deeper understanding of current state challenges and opportunities in the data space. This role will support the Data Strategy function in building and maintaining the enterprise Data Roadmap as well as helping align the Data Foundation initiative with the Data Strategy portfolio.
This role requires working in situations with some ambiguity while striving to get clarity.
* Will help collect and understand data requirements for initiatives in the Data Strategy portfolio that can be rationalized and implemented once at the enterprise level. This will help drive data as a horizontal program across multiple initiatives encouraging re use of shared and reducing redundant work and inconsistencies.
* Help advance Knowledge Management by capturing, codifying and sharing subject matter expertise on data systems, data flows, etc. that previously resided only in people's minds or local notes.
* Will help prepare newly acquired capabilities for deployment into active projects by creating the necessary templates, processes and training. This will ensure capabilities are understood and leveraged correctly to get optimal benefits from them.
* Help map business capabilities to data & analytics needs and capabilities. This will help ensure Data / BI Strategy is effectively aligned to and supporting the business vision.
* Provides traceability of all requirements and ensures each business requirement is testable.
* Acts as liaison between business SMEs and technology staff.
To be successful in this role, it is expected that the candidate understands the P&C insurance business, key systems and data flows typical of the P&C insurance business and has expertise interacting with business partners.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* 5+ years of experience in data management with a moderate understanding of Data Warehouse, ETL design and development concepts
* Strong SQL skills
* Strong written, verbal and presentation/communication skills including facilitating discussions and documenting results
* P&C industry experience would be a nice to have
* Experience with data tools such as Metadata, Data Quality would be a plus
* Experience working with semi structured / unstructured documents would be a nice to have