Currently looking for a Business Analyst with a London Market Insurance background.
You will be working with Project Managers and Senior stakeholders to define analysis work packages that will need to be executed during the course of the project. Where required, deliver analysis approach, work plans, estimates and other material that may be required to successfully plan the project. Prioritise workload and balance/escalate conflicting demands in order to ensure agreed deadlines are achieved.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead or deliver such analysis activities as may be assigned; This may include:
- running workshops with the business, stakeholders and other project participants, this may be to gather requirements or conduct impact analysis (which could be people, process or technology)
- creation of as-is or to-be process maps or target operating models
- defining and documenting business and functional requirements
- assessing systems or processes for defects, gaps or potential areas for improvement and designing the solution to those
- working with Architects or Development teams to create detailed design specifications documents
- continuous review and assessment of solution delivery to ensure it will meet business requirements
- supporting the project manager on the validation of test plans or creation of UAT plans, scripts and approach
- supporting the implementation phase of the project though the application of such knowledge as has been used to create the solution
- Work with Project Manager and IT Portfolio Manager to define analysis work packages that will need to be executed during the course of the project. Where required, deliver analysis approach, work plans, estimates and other material that may be required to successfully plan the project.
- Prioritise workload and balance/escalate conflicting demands in order to ensure agreed deadlines are achieved
- Develop effective working relationships with the business in order to assist in the delivery of projects ensuring service continues to meet customer satisfaction
- Engage and communicate effectively with business stakeholders, business owners and representatives in order to conduct analysis and to ensure deliverables meet the business needs.
- Conduct ( or participate in)peer reviews of such documentation that may be produced within the analysis team to ensure consistent approach and quality at all times
- Regularly review and monitor risks and issues and make recommendations for resolution. Where applicable own risks and issues that may relate to analysis and as delegated to do so by the Project Manager
- Manage and motivate business resources and project team resources (which may include 3rd party resource) to support the delivery of analysis and ensure output and deliverables meet the needs of the business
- Positively promote the department, division and company as a whole, in order to maximise brand leverage and work within peer group to continuously see ways of improving analysis function within IT
You will need to be able to display you have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
Insurance background is essential.
- Proactive self starter who can shape and define analysis work packages
- Ability to engage with Business Representatives of all levels and communicate in a structured and professional manner
- Ability to learn complex business and system problems quickly
- Proven track record of delivery including working on a project from pre-inception through to business and technical delivery
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders at every level
- Ability to lead / direct workshops with senior stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with IT teams including Third Party suppliers and strategic outsource partners