You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms based in the City of London. Our client is looking for 4 Business Analyst to join the rapidly expanding Product Delivery Portfolio on a permanent basis, supporting product related projects. The Business Analysis team is responsible for the analysis, implementation and enhancement of tactical and strategic solutions.
Working closely with the Project Manager, the Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the product can be supported, both internally and across the components of the operating model. Although the focus is on the operating model, there is also scope for wider analysis within the Product Delivery Portfolio.
- Work proactively with the business to determine the scope and understand the requirements in terms of operational support for new products, share classes, markets and instruments and lead the definition of the target operating model for new product launches.
- Work with the Business and Internal Operations to clearly understand the product proposal/ investment rationale and assess the operational impact.
- Work with external parties for example (Custodians/Third Party Administrators/Depositories) to define and implement the required changes.
- Facilitate workshops with the Business, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Finance to define and agree business processes and support models for new product launches, changes to existing products/processes.
- Have an appreciation of any new regulatory changes that may impact the project.
- Assist with Management Information for all new change initiatives and keep interested parties informed of issues.
- Have an appreciation of the technology and applications used to support operational processes within asset management.
- Work with the business if any testing is required prior to going live.
- Input into project planning and define and manage the analysis deliverable against estimates.
- Act as a project manager working with all of the teams within Investment Operations to ensure we are able to support the new initiative/operating model and everything is implemented ahead of go live
The Experience and Skills Needed
- Be proactive and delivery focused with excellent communication skills.
- Have strong stakeholder management skills.
- Have strong facilitation skills to elicit information from key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Have strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions.
- Have a genuine interest in expanding knowledge and understanding of the challenges and developments impacting operations in the asset management industry.
- Be able to generate and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the Business.
- Have the ability to share knowledge between the team and act a good sounding board within the team.
- Must be able to manage conflicts and influence senior/business stakeholders.
- Experience with industry standard analysis methods, tools and techniques for elicitation and documentation of business needs and associated requirements.
- Ability to work in an iterative project environment.
- Business Process Modelling.
- Investment Management Certificate, Investment Administration Qualification or equivalent.
- Business Analysis qualifications e.g ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.
The Benefits of this Role
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a market leading salary and bonus package dependent on experience. This job gives you an opportunity to lead exciting and progressive projects with a highly prestigious company.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for more information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in Change Management contact James Wood at Oliver James Associates on 020 3861 9200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org