As the business analyst, you will sit within the centralised change function for a cash-rich and fast-growing general insurer in the heart of Manchester. You will support the end-to-end delivery of various business improvement projects with a view to maximising the efficiency of current and future business processes.
- Plan and perform business and/or systems analysis on complex and/or strategic business initiatives
- Work with business representatives and stakeholders to elicit their business requirements, using appropriate techniques.
- Undertake analysis of business processes and systems providing recommendations for their improvement.
- Work with business representatives, stakeholders and software development teams to elicit and agree functional requirements.
- Lead the impact assessment, scoping and estimating of Projects/Continuous Change initiatives or production systems changes within the Business Change portfolio and communicate to senior management for planning purposes.
- Ensure business requirements are aligned with business objectives and are prioritised accordingly.
- Understand, determine and challenge the business need and document the problems or opportunities in order to clarify project business case.
- Ensure traceability of business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project so that the solution meets the original business need.
- Provide support to the Business Configuration team where live defects are raised that require analysis, responding efficiently and effectively to address issues to minimise business disruption.
- Undertake and document feasibility studies if required.
- Contribute to request for information and invitation to tender processes.
- Support business testing to ensure requirements are tested accurately.
- Where required provide support to Junior Business Analysts in the completion of their activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure full engagement in the business analysis and business requirement elicitation process, resolving conflict when required.
- Maintain awareness of industry methods, tools and techniques and recommend changes to the existing processes where appropriate.
- Contribute to the definition and monitoring of Business Analysis Standards, policies, processes, tools, techniques and procedures.
- Contribute to the adherence to team quality standards via internal auditing.
- Follow the business Project Framework for all Projects.
- Capture risks, issues, assumptions & dependencies both at a project and requirements level and communicate as appropriate.
- Help in the mitigation and resolution of project risks and issues.
Standard Business Principles and accountabilities:
- To actively support and encourage at all times, compliance with our quality principles, company policies and best practice in security, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To safeguard information, paying particular attention to customer and employee data and business sensitive information.
- To be aware of and understand the company's Whistleblowing Procedure. To question and act upon concerns about malpractice or wrongdoing by following the company's Whistleblowing Procedure.
- To be accountable for identifying risks and events within own areas of responsibility and ensuring they are managed within the company's risk appetite; implementing and following the company's risk management framework and processes; providing reports to Risk & Compliance and senior management as required.
- City of London, London
- 4 days ago
Business Analyst - Operational Transformation - Insurance - London The new Head of Change of a leading insurance client in the city is looking to bring in experienced Business Analysts to build out the Business Change function within his team. He is looking to refresh the approach to ch... Read More
- City of London, London
- £55000 - £66000 per annum
- 4 days ago
You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms based in the City of London. Our client is looking for 4 Business Analyst to join the rapidly expanding Product Delivery Portfolio on a permanent basis, supporting product related projects. The Business Analysis tea... Read More
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 6 days ago
A leading international life & pensions insurer looking for a number of experienced, business-facing BA's to work on a high-profile programme centred around de-merger/business integration Company Overview An international leading Life Insurance company that provides sophisticated wealth... Read More
- Hampshire, England
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
- 20 days ago
Business Analyst Business Analyst The Business Analyst works as part of a cross functional team completing business analysis deliverables including leading the process of gathering, elicitation, prioritisation, tracking and documenting of business requirements, business rules and benefi... Read More