The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and documenting business needs and translating needs into a conceptual/logical design and system requirements. The Business analyst will liaise between IT and the business and mentors the business toward best practices in system utility. The Business Analyst documents business, functional and non-functional requirements ensuring tractability into test strategies and plans, and supports the business users during testing and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business processes, systems and user requirements.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications and business processes and makes recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Develops testing scenarios and expected results relative to specific software specifications and development.
- Performs regression, unit, and system software testing per test plans.
- Communicates issues and verifies issue resolution.
- Develops and communicates workarounds to business processes and system problems.
- Generates structured status charts throughout the testing phases at the direction of a testing coordinator.
- Retest code fixes delivered by software vendors and programming staff.
- Assists in assembling test team members from functional areas as needed for user acceptance testing.
- Creates application documentation to assist in the support and training of users.
- Maintains historical record of test data to be accessed as necessary
Diploma/Degree & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3 years Business Analyst and Software Testing Analyst or related work experience required
- 3 years of related experience in support or application development preferred
- 1-3 years of Commercial Property and Casualty insurance experience required
- Experience with Agile / Scrum development
- Business Analysis or Software Testing Certification preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write specifications, analyses and required documentation to clearly and effectively communicate technical issues to a wide variety of audiences both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to create documentation and user guides for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present to all levels of employees and managers on complex topics.