This is a hands-on design and development role supporting the Head of Business Intelligence/IT in the design and development of the EDW & MI/BI systems.
- Support the MI / BI manager in the design and documentation of the future state MI/BI systems, taking into consideration maintainability, scalability, performance and security
- Production of conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Provide expertise for MI/BI projects from inception to delivery including data profiling, modelling, database design, ETL design, system optimisation and reporting
- Design of both operational and strategic reporting solutions
- Responsible for maintenance and publication of data models related to MI/BI solutions
- Responsible for maintenance and publication of MI/BI technical documentation
You will need to be able to demonstrate professional experience of designing and implementing MI/BI solutions
- Very strong .NET C# experience.
- SOA based application design.
- UX design (Web and Forms).
- Software and Architectural design patterns.
- Three to five years' experience in a MI/BI systems design role
- Extensive experience in data integration and ETL techniques
- Extensive experience of the Microsoft database technology stack: SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Expert knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modelling tools
- Experience of master data management, data quality management and data lineage approaches
- Graduate in information systems / business intelligence or equivalent career experience