As a BI Business Analyst you will join a fast growing, cash rich General Insurer that are looking to build a new Data Warehouse. It will be your responsibility to capture the necessary requirements, agree a solution with the Development Team and assist with testing the solution.
The Senior Business Analyst is expected to work within the Data Warehouse Project Team and capture, document and manage requirements; impact assess and scope change requests; agree and document definitions and descriptions of all key project deliverables; to update all applicable models and diagrams; to document key processes (incl. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage, Reconciliation etc.); to update the project backlog documentation; and work with the business and project Test Manager/ Analyst to ensure that all deliverables are fully tested and signed off by the business.
In particular the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for:
- The capture requirements through workshops and 1-1 interviews
- Assessing requirements fitness of purpose and adherence to business objectives and consistency (challenging positively as appropriate);
- Documenting requirements in the appropriate documents and traceability matrices;
- Updating the data dictionary with definitions, ranges, lists of values & examples etc. making sure that where applicable definitions are mapped to group and corporate definitions using Collibra (a Data Governance tool);
- Documenting mapping rules in the appropriate repositories, models, tools and diagrams;
- The management of the requirements through scoping, impact assessment, agreement, and delivery using traceability matrices etc.
- Ensuring that the requirements are given the appropriate level of review and challenge to ensure fitness for purpose as well as adhering to business objectives and consistency (challenging positively as appropriate)
- Documenting key processes (incl. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage, Reconciliation etc.);
- Applying and monitoring the use of required industry standard modelling and analysis tools (especially Kimball Dimensional Modelling approach), methods and standards (including Agile Scrum and Test Driven Development);
- Agree and document definitions and descriptions of all key project deliverables (e.g. dimensions, attributes, facts, metrics, reports, KPIs, dashboards etc.);
- Work with the rest of the team to make sure that we have a DWH which delivers the information required to meet business needs and allows us to optimally capture all metadata and other Information Management objects
The Senior Business Analyst will hold an integral role within the Data Warehouse Team and will report to the DWH Project Manager.
The Senior Business Analyst will be expected to work with internal staff and share their expertise so when they leave, the internal team will be able to pick up and extend and augment the data warehouse.
The Senior Business Analyst is expected to have "Excellent" analytical skills gained through working on large Corporate Projects preferably in the Insurance industry or Financial Sector.
The Senior Business Analyst is expected to have a "Good" understanding of Dimensional Data Warehousing based on experience of multiple Corporate Data Warehouse projects using MS SQL Server and the Microsoft BI Toolset.
It would be "Good" for the Senior Business Analyst is proficient in using PowerBI.
The Senior Business Analyst need to be proactive; a team player and be happy to help out in other areas of the Data Warehouse.