The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the development, testing and production of operational and management reporting for Business Lines. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis and ownership of Business Line management information and data.
They will also be responsible for automating reports using the BI tools used in the bank, gaining knowledge of Business processes to enhance the quality of the reporting developed and support process improvement where necessary.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Own the accurate and timely production and automation of standard operational, management and wider business required reporting to set daily and monthly deadlines
- Proactively create insightful management information to identify areas of risk and performance trends to inform and support data driven decision making. Use a variety of mediums to present data and tailor to stakeholder preferences
- Analyse & produce reporting on financial performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (New business, Portfolio, Expenses, Margin / Returns analysis) and compare to targets, communicating to senior management key variances and investigate the drivers
- Ownership of Business line budgets / reforecasts and 3 year plan submissions
- Maintain sufficient expertise in business processes and external factors to sense check data trends. Proactively engage with management team and process owners to validate
- Influence and take ownership for ensuring reporting is a key consideration for all new system implementation.
- Own and manage the transition from off-system data capture to system driven reporting
- Own all End User Developed Applications in Business Lines to ensure controls are in place and policy adherence
- Use HTB BI tools (e.g. CXAIR) to build and develop reporting. Create and deliver foundation level training for Business Line staff to broaden the team reporting capability and understanding of the suite of reports delivered to the business lines
- Perform data mapping from start to end processes to ensure all areas of the business are visible through reporting
- Minimum 3 years' data analytics or management information experience
- SQL experience
- Advanced MS Excel data analysis and equivalent system database reporting experience