Oliver James Associates is a globally recognised Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 15 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 275 employees operating out of 12 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore.
Following on to the launch of our first Italian office in January 2017, we are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our dynamic team which has just relocated to Milan from our English headquarters. The selected candidate will work as Associate Consultant, with the prospect of a fast track promotion to Consultant.
Associate Consultants are a vital part of our business, we offer a fully supported environment for non-experienced recruiters to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our niche markets prior to promotion to a Recruitment Consultant role. You will join an established group of experts, working alongside Senior Consultants and Associate Directors to assist in the development and growth of some of our most successful teams globally.
We aim to triple the Italian team in 3 years and what we are looking for are dynamic and success driven people, to become future leaders and managers. Although prior work experience in Sales or Recruitment would be advantageous, it's not essential. We have built a team of over 270 consultants all over the world that have two things in common - work ethic and personality. You must be a strong communicator and be confident speaking to people as you will spend the majority of your time networking with senior level candidates.
- Proactively create, maintain, and develop a network of candidates via sales focused telephone activity
- Proactively promote Oliver James Associates business and services to all contacts in order to generate new client business
- Identify and establish sales leads and follow up with approaches to appropriate target clients
- Keep up with current and anticipated demand of candidates with a clearly outlined skillset, maximising efficiency through the effective use of LinkedIn and internal databases
- Assist Senior Consultants in mapping a candidate pool in response to client's hiring requirements
- Screen, interview and assess candidates in line with company standards to ensure a thorough understanding of their job and career requirements
- Present matched candidates to client requirements in a proactive and consultative manner
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, an impressive presence, able to demonstrate the ability to quickly build rapport and create long term business relationships.
- Commercial acumen and ability to influence others.
- Desirable 6-24 months business to business sales experience, or will have worked as a Trainee Recruiter with up to 12 months experience
- Confident, bright and resilient individual who thrives in a competitiveenvironment which is challenging yet rewarding.
- Able to work under pressure delivering successful results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, displaying a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- A goal orientated mentality.
- The ability to be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously.
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be confident on the phone, able to build rapport quickly and establish long lasting relationships
- An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires.
- Demonstrate resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a role with this responsibly brings.
- Must speak fluent Italian
We work hard and enjoy ourselves at the same time. As well as a salary, pension and market leading commission structure we offer Consultants:
- Company holidays
- Two Christmas parties
- Quarterly lunch club incentives
- Extended lunch breaks for gym goers
- Team nights out
- Friday drinks in Milan
- 20+ days annual leave (plus extra time off over Christmas)
- andmuch more…
We provide training for all employees at our Milan office to ensure that you are consistently challenged and developed. A role with Oliver James Associates is not just a job, it's a career.