As the Assistant Underwriter, you will take personal ownership of end-to-end handling of allocated quotations, endorsements and other documentation and work as part of a team to ensure that the agreed service, quality and profit goals are met.
- Plan and process own work so that the relevant part of the team's workload is handled efficiently and effectively.
- In liaison with the Regional Manager, prepare quotations, letters, memoranda, more complex documentation and policy drafts as may be required and consider more complex amendments to existing polices and calculate the premiums by reference to rating and underwriting schedules therein, so that work is completed efficiently.
- Make a positive input into the team's effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved.
- Suggest policy wording for special and/or complex clauses.
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
- Work flexibly within a team carrying out a wide range of tasks, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest, in a manner that enables the Company to ensure that a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Act as a guide to other members of the team so that personal competency and ability to achieve objectives is continuously improved.
- Undertake other duties as directed within the level of the job function.
- Sound level of technical/product knowledge and a desire to develop this.
- Ability to understand established systems and processes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to priorities own work and manage workloads.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to draft policy wordings/endorsements.
- Dip CII/ACII or substantial progress towards is preferred.
- Internal relationships with the Directors, Managers, other team members and the Claims Department.
- External relationships to be developed with intermediaries and customers at an appropriate level.