As the Assistant Underwriter, you will take personal ownership of end-to-end handling of allocated quotations, endorsements and other documentation and work as part of a team to ensure that the agreed service, quality and profit goals are met.
- Plan and process own work so that the relevant part of the team's workload is handled efficiently and effectively.
- In liaison with the Regional Manager, prepare quotations, letters, memoranda, more complex documentation and policy drafts as may be required and consider more complex amendments to existing polices and calculate the premiums by reference to rating and underwriting schedules therein, so that work is completed efficiently.
- Make a positive input into the team's effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved.
- Suggest policy wording for special and/or complex clauses.
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
- Work flexibly within a team carrying out a wide range of tasks, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest, in a manner that enables the Company to ensure that a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Act as a guide to other members of the team so that personal competency and ability to achieve objectives is continuously improved.
- Undertake other duties as directed within the level of the job function.
- Sound level of technical/product knowledge and a desire to develop this.
- Ability to understand established systems and processes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to priorities own work and manage workloads.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to draft policy wordings/endorsements.
- Dip CII/ACII or substantial progress towards is preferred.
- Internal relationships with the Directors, Managers, other team members and the Claims Department.
- External relationships to be developed with intermediaries and customers at an appropriate level.
- Glasgow, Scotland
- 18 days ago
As the Assistant Underwriter, you will take personal ownership of end-to-end handling of allocated quotations, endorsements and other documentation and work as part of a team to ensure that the agreed service, quality and profit goals are met. Key Outputs Plan and process own work so th... Read More
Property Fac Underwriter
- San Francisco, California
- 4 days ago
My client, a global reinsurer is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join their Direct Property Facultative team in San Francisco. The successful candidate should have 6 years + experience working with ideally Property Facultative Underwriting but would also consider someone with an E&S... Read More
Underwriter - General Liability
- New York, USA
- 25 days ago
My client, a leading multinational carrier, is looking for a General Liability underwriter in their NYC office. The success candidate should have at least 2 years' Primary Standalone GL underwriting experience and ideally would have wholesale relationships in the North East. If interest... Read More
Underwriter - Terrorism
- New York, USA
- 25 days ago
My client is looking for a Terrorism underwriter in their NYC office. The success candidate should have at least 2 years' experience within this space and ideally should have wholesale and retail relationships in the North East. If interested, please email me at David.Shotton@ojassociat... Read More