Title: Assistant Financial Controller (Commercial Finance)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Location: South Cheshire
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is currently partnering with an established and growing organisation that holds an enviable position in a lucrative, growing global market. The business currently operates within 12 countries, and is continuing its international expansion via acquisition. The commitment to the Long-term investments makes this an excellent organisation to grow your career.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the accounts team in a varied and challenging role and be part of a team driving strategic and operational decision making.
- Ownership of key Volume and Margin Reconciliations in order to understand business performance and ensure operations are working effectively
- Develop Business Partner relationships with European Country Managers, becoming a focal point for communications and queries
- Identification of business risks and performance of monthly control procedures including Purchase Reconciliations
- Commercial review and analysis of customer margins, and ability to clearly and concisely explain variances to key stakeholders
- Production of weekly Management Reporting and analysis
- Production and presentation of monthly performance analysis
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the finance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business.
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the team
- Management and supervision of team member(s)
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to graduate trainees, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Educated to degree level, minimum 2:1.
- High energy and dynamic individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and influence people at all levels within the business
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
Desirable Skills/Aptitude required:
- Experience of managing / supervising a finance team
- Experience of working within a fast growing business environment
- Experience of managing projects in the management accounting arena, specifically those designed to improve and streamline processes
- Experience of Sage, Oracle financials or similar accounting systems.
- Knowledge of another language
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually based on performance.
- Annual bonus linked to achievement of set objectives.
- Group life insurance policy 4x basic salary.
- 22 days holiday, increasing 1 day each year to a maximum of 25 days.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Auto - enrolment pension scheme
- Working in a high profile prestigious firm listed on "The Times Fast track companies list"
- Working within a large finance department of over 100 people including high quality peers and colleagues.
- Opportunities to further develop your own career via internal leadership programs.
- Supportive environment that encourages opportunities for self-development. Those with the correct output and attitude will be rewarded financially as well as securing rapid promotion