Assistant Financial Controller (Commercial Finance)
Title: Assistant Financial Controller (Commercial Finance)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Location: South Cheshire
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is currently partnering with an established and growing organisation that holds an enviable position in a lucrative, growing global market. The business currently operates within 12 countries, and is continuing its international expansion via acquisition. The commitment to the Long-term investments makes this an excellent organisation to grow your career.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the accounts team in a varied and challenging role and be part of a team driving strategic and operational decision making.
- Ownership of key Volume and Margin Reconciliations in order to understand business performance and ensure operations are working effectively
- Develop Business Partner relationships with European Country Managers, becoming a focal point for communications and queries
- Identification of business risks and performance of monthly control procedures including Purchase Reconciliations
- Commercial review and analysis of customer margins, and ability to clearly and concisely explain variances to key stakeholders
- Production of weekly Management Reporting and analysis
- Production and presentation of monthly performance analysis
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the finance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business.
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the team
- Management and supervision of team member(s)
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to graduate trainees, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Educated to degree level, minimum 2:1.
- High energy and dynamic individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and influence people at all levels within the business
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
Desirable Skills/Aptitude required:
- Experience of managing / supervising a finance team
- Experience of working within a fast growing business environment
- Experience of managing projects in the management accounting arena, specifically those designed to improve and streamline processes
- Experience of Sage, Oracle financials or similar accounting systems.
- Knowledge of another language
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually based on performance.
- Annual bonus linked to achievement of set objectives.
- Group life insurance policy 4x basic salary.
- 22 days holiday, increasing 1 day each year to a maximum of 25 days.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Auto - enrolment pension scheme
- Working in a high profile prestigious firm listed on "The Times Fast track companies list"
- Working within a large finance department of over 100 people including high quality peers and colleagues.
- Opportunities to further develop your own career via internal leadership programs.
- Supportive environment that encourages opportunities for self-development. Those with the correct output and attitude will be rewarded financially as well as securing rapid promotion
Financial Controller (w/m)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
- 29 days ago
Financial Controller (w/m) Für unseren Kunden, ein internationales Unternehmen aus der Chemiebranche, suchen wir einen Financial Controller (w/m) für den Standort in Frankfurt. In der Rolle als Financial Controller (w/m) berichten Sie direkt an den CFO. Ihre Aufgabe: Erstellung der Mona... Read More
- London, England
- 3 days ago
I am currently working with a Reinsurance company in central London to help source for an Accounts Assistant on a 12 month contract I am currently working with a Reinsurance company in central London to help source for an Accounts Assistant on a 12 month contract Role requirements; Ensu... Read More
Junior Financial Auditor
- Greenwich, Connecticut
- 4 days ago
A leading lower Connecticut based insurance provider is looking for a Financial Auditor to join their growing team. The main purpose of this role is to support the broader team in auditing financial statements for the business and their subsidiaries, which audits include GAAP financial ... Read More
Manager - Financial Reporting
- Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
- 12 days ago
One of the largest global insurers is currently looking to hire for their finance team in Hong Kong as part of their strategy to expand and grow within the region. Responsibilities Oversee regular local statutory reporting process Deliver accurate and meaningful financial statements and... Read More