Assistant Actuary - Solvency II Reporting - FTSE Insurer
A dynamic and high performing, leading UK Life Insurance organisation is currently seeking to add an Assistant Actuary to their growing financial reporting team. Following a recent and very exciting acquisition, this business is looking to recruit an ambitious and driven individual to deliver the groups actuarial reporting requirements which include Solvency II, IFRS, EV and risk-based capital metrics.
You will have daily exposure to the Group's key decision makers and with this opportunity for long term relationship building, you will be required to support them closely for business and strategy decision making purposes.
You will possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills and you will be able to utilise these attributes effectively whilst presenting complex financial concepts to a senior audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Produce Group actuarial reports and relevant analysis, including IFRS, Solvency I, Solvency II, economic capital and MCEV, and deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
- Produce business projections, including scenarios and stress testing to support business planning, forecasting and risk management processes, the Group's risk capital metrics and other relevant actuarial management information as required
- Review of methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team's objectives. To develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team.
- To represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and other change programme initiatives
- To support the development of responses to requests from the UK regulator and other third parties
- To operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)
If you are seeking to progress your career within one of the UK's most respected actuarial functions, please apply below as requested.
Life Actuary - Financial Reporting - Solvency II,IFRS,GAAP
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- €700 - €850 per day
- 24 days ago
Day-rate contract opportunity for a qualified/experienced Financial Reporting Life Actuary in Dublin. Location: Dublin Start: ASAP, ideally before 1st April Duration: 9 months Rate: €850/day (depending on experience) Fantastic day-rate contract opportunity for a qualified/experienced Li... Read More
Senior Longevity Actuary - Leading UK Insurer
- London, England
- £60000 - £85000 per annum
- 6 days ago
Oliver James Associates are in the process of supporting a leading UK Insurance business who are seeking to recruit a Senior Longevity Actuary. This dynamic organisation is currently undergoing a thorough process of exciting transformation and a Senior Longevity Actuary will play a key ... Read More
Interim Reporting Actuary
- Scotland, Scotland
- Up to £900 per day
- 1 day ago
OJA are working with a leading life insurer who are looking for Actuaries from a strong reporting background. The assignement will be based in Scotland, and the contract will be 3-6 months in duration with excellent day rates on offer. Experience with the likes of IFRS and Solvency II w... Read More
Life - Financial Reporting - Solvency II, IFRS, EV
- London, England
- 13 days ago
Qualified (or experienced) Life Actuary required for 6 month day-rate contract in Central London. The role will involve supporting the financial reporting team (Solvency II, IFRS, MCEV) This prestigious client requires a Qualified (or equivalent experience) Life Actuary with substantial... Read More