Our client, a well known property and casualty insurance business is looking to increase the size of it's finance team. As a result they have a new exciting opening for an Assistant Accountant.
In this role you will support the Group Finance Manager and CFO in the delivery of accounting operations and assisting with preparation external reports.
Primary job purpose:
- Accounts Payable - ensuring invoices are coded and properly authorised in conjunction with delegations register. Processing of creditors invoices for bi-weekly payment runs. Ensuring all creditor queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries - These include accruals, prepayments, salaries and deductions, intercompany charges etc;
- Payroll - processing of fortnightly and monthly payroll using the payroll system. Conducting detailed variance analysis and ensuring all employee updates are processed in an accurate manner.
- Credit Card reviews - review of all Corporate Credit Card expenditure in accordance with company policy and processing monthly credit card journal entries.
- Board Expense Claims - to compile Expense Claim reports for the Group Finance Manager's review
- Bank Reconciliations - All entries with regard to Bank account transactions to be coded and entered into the ledger and bank reconciliations completed on a weekly basis;
- Perform ad - hoc tasks and support- as required by the Finance Team
Qualifications and Technical Skills:
- University Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Progression to membership of a professional accounting body (CPA, MBA, CIA)
- Knowledge of Financial accounting principles
- Understanding of reconciliation processes
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills including functions and export/import routines
- Strong bookkeeping skills with solid understanding of accrual accounting
- Hands on experience with general journals and standing journals