I am currently working with a speciality Insurance company who are looking to source an interim Assistant Accountant for a 16 month contract, based in the City. This role is to provide support to the finance team by properly recording and maintaining accounting information and providing assistance in preparing various returns and reports.
- Ensure that accounting transactions for all the entities within the Group are accurately recorded on the accounts system in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports and returns, including regulatory returns, reports to external parties, and various reports to enable the organisation to fulfil its key functions
- Maintenance of accounting transactions for both syndicates and companies.
- Reconciliation of accounting balances on the accounts system to relevant information.
- Preparation of various returns, including returns to Lloyd's, FSA and external parties.
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Good Excel skills.
- Working towards accounting qualifications such as AAT, ACCA or CIMA.
- Experience of Reconciliations, Payment of invoices and exposure to Regulatory Returns is essential.
- Insurance background would be advantageous but must have Financial Services experience.
If this role is of interest, please apply online with a copy of your updated CV.